SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for oversight and management of all accounting and financial functions for the overhead operations and productions of multiple divisions of the Warner Bros. Unscripted Television Group. Serve as the key, day-to-day liaison with Warner Bros. and WarnerMedia Corporate Financial Administration in all matters related to alternative production finance and accounting. Also serve as the group's primary interface with WB Corporate Finance.
1. Full-scale oversight of all corporate overhead and production-related financial activities, which shall include: supervise preparation of multiple budget summaries for all pilots, sales presentations project and subsequent series; prepare confidential above-the-line (ATL) budgets; supervise the preparation of production cost reports; review invoices, purchases, and time cards; supervise production through wrap activities including cost analysis, coding of bills, and final cost estimates; responsible for the administration and accounting functions dealing with foreign and domestic tax reporting for tax rebate purposes; monitor costs on trade out billings and development projects to ensure costs billed and payments received; approve journal entries and correct distribution errors; assign production and development general ledger numbers; interact with outside payroll companies to set up projects and proper applications of contracts and fringe rates for alternative projects; and monitor and review application and allocation of vacation, sick, and health benefits.
2. Recruit, hire, and supervise the production accounting personnel for the department, pilots, and subsequent series.
3. Coordinate with divisional Business Affairs and WB Legal departments to ensure that budgets accurately reflect negotiated deals; supervise billing and payments of Overall Deals, Producer Fees, and Agency Fees; track and coordinate with WB Finance on network receivables, production breakage, billbacks, banking, and production company setups; monitor and coordinate with WB Departments regarding production AMEX Travel accounts, P-Cards, Production Insurance, and 1099 Tax Reporting; interact with Networks, Producers, Talent Agents, and Business Managers regarding fees, payments, funding, and agreements in cooperation with internal Business Affairs departments; prepare quarterly Producer write-offs and Development charge-offs for WB/WM Finance.
4. Review and coordinate with WB internal and external audits of productions for general compliance, tax reporting, and guild audits/inquiries.
5. Review reports and provide weekly, quarterly, and annual cost reporting and forecasts to Corporate Finance. Provide routine updates on production spending to the President of Unscripted and Alternative Entertainment.
6. Prepare annual post equipment and office rental projections and supervise billings and receivables; supervise and monitor the physical accounting department premises and the off-site production storage facility.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned and troubleshoot when needed.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
12+ years production accounting experience, preferably in alternative television, required.
Location experience is a plus.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience required.
Must have knowledge of accounting principles and procedures sufficient to review and ensure the accurate distribution of production costs.
Must be able to communicate effectively with production executives and all levels of personnel.
Must be able to prepare and present clear and concise cost production reports.
Must be able to supervise professional and clerical subordinates.
Must be dependable and able to work with time sensitive deadlines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x1z4-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.