Ssr. Accountant (Temporary)
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
This is a Temporary role (1 year)
As part of our team, you will join an agile group working within a very fast paced and challenging business environment; overseen DOMESTIC, EMEA, APAC and LATAM balance sheet reconciliations. Beyond your operational responsibilities, you will need to demonstrate proactive attitude to permanently enhance our processes looking for efficiency, as well as providing a high level of support to our Business Partners.
You will be responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annually reconciliations ensuring that our balance sheet accounts have been reconciled in accordance with WBD policies and procedures.
• To prepare and submit balance sheet accounts reconciliations assigned in accordance with WBD policies and procedures and collaborate in the review of other Staff members reconciliations, as assigned.
• Analyze and propose adjusting entries to correct account balances and collaborate with the closing process of all assigned accounts and companies.
• Responsible for accounting transactions (general accounting, treasury related, intercompany)
• To monitor and analyze balances, proposing necessary adjustments to be GAAP compliant and work timely.
• Develop and document business processes and procedures on an ongoing basis to allow for cross-training and to display the necessary level of understanding of same.
• Encourage periodic and systematic review of the way we work.
• To prepare different reports of the area. Assist on external and internal auditors preparing and providing required documentation and explanation.
• Work closely with Sr and Supervisor and other accounting teams members on various ad-hoc projects as needed
• Degree or equivalent experience in Accounting
• 2-3 years of experience
• Experience in media industry, Big Four firms or multinational companies
• Above average skills in Microsoft Office tools (Excel advance user is mandatory)
• Above average skills in proactivity and accountability
• Strong analytical skills
• Fluent in English
The Nice to Haves:
• General knowledge of People Soft or other ERP systems.
• General knowledge of US GAAP
• Experience in Shared Business Services
• Experience in Knowledge Transfer processes
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, union status, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8z54-100-24-118-144-42 in your application.