The Senior Systems Engineer will provide engineering support, system deployment and administration of cloud, physical, and virtual computing environments for mission critical applications in the Studio Operation application portfolio. This position works closely with other Cloud, Network, System, Cyber, and Infrastructure engineers to implement, support, monitor and maintain production and Dev environments. Additionally, the position coordinates with business partners and IT teams and management to ensure successful deployment of technical changes, upgrades, and new implementations. This senior professional will provide expert-level design, maintenance, configuration, and support of information technology systems in a 24x7x365 studio operations production environment with attention to availability, performance, capacity planning, and security, in addition to acting as a lead and/or mentor to other technical staff.
• Support mission critical systems, applications, projects and new initiatives.
• Facilitate custom application development efforts
• Function as a technical project lead for multiple smaller scale technical and operational projects
• Partner with management, technical teams, and business partners to manage systems, develop best practices, and implement new technologies.
• Manage cloud environments (AWS, Azure), Windows Servers, Virtualized Windows environments
• Integrate applications (design and implement integrations)
• Follow up and root cause analysis of technology issues
• Enhance and implement Monitoring, logging & alerting best practices
• Architect systems that help achieve business goals
• Advise on critical system design decisions.
• Design and implement process improvements.
• Plan and schedule system and hardware upgrades and updates.
• Prioritize projects and deliver quality work within specified timelines.
• Provide status updates to management and stakeholders regarding issues and progress.
• Identify new and emerging technologies and solutions that can benefit the company.
• Hold clear vision and be able to implement how our product should look and function.
• Document software functionality, requirements, configuration, training, and testing results in collaboration with service providers and business partners.
• Actively drive whole projects forward after it is approved
• Determine approaches to our tech processes and tools.
• Act as mentor and role model and provide direction for less experienced team members/service providers.
• Support a live product in a rapidly shifting technical environment.
• Follow all change management processes
% OF TIME
1. Business Collaboration
2. Technical design, build, and support functions
3. Compliance/WarnerMedia Initiatives
• 5+ years of IT support experience
• Experience installing, configuring, documenting and supporting business applications.
• Mentor / guide less experienced team members.
• Ability to balance multiple small projects
• SDLC experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent job experience.
• Experience in supporting large scale systems to support business needs
• Experience with scripting languages
• ERemxperience in Systems, applications, Networking, Servers, Desktop, Monitoring, troubleshooting and end user support. Media experience preferred.
• Experience in administration of Cloud Environments, Windows Server, Virtualization technologies
• Jira knowledge
• Knowledgeable with version control systems (GitHub preferred)
• Working knowledge of Linux servers preferred
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p99y-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.