The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at WarnerMedia enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to all WarnerMedia affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
WarnerMedia is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. In addition to a solid technical foundation, the successful candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. This position is a senior member of the department with final ownership of incident escalations within several IT-leaning ITIL Service areas.
• Work with a team of highly motivated developers to effectively implement solutions and delivery production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable.
• Overall responsibility for design, code quality, and deployments
• Mentoring junior team members and enabling them to work with new technologies.
• Partner with internal and external teams to understand business and technical requirements to document technical specifications and articulate these to the development team.
• Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience.
• Automate solutions for common problems via scripting
• 5+ years of experience as a Software engineer with a strong knowledge of Java and or Python. EE experience a plus.
• Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel.
• Working knowledge of implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS
• Media background with encoding engines a plus. Examples include Amberfin Dark, Telestream Vantage, Interra Baton, SDVI Rally
• 2+ years of experience with AWS-EC2, AW-S3 and AWS-Lambda
• Experience with other areas of general IT infrastructure (storage, networking, etc.) highly desirable
• Hands-on experience in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures.
• Deep knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
• Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools such as Jenkins
• Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
• Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members.
• Demonstrated self-starter with capacity to work independently
• Ability to lead and mentor across teams where no reporting relationship exists
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzy5vq-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.