Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Systems Analyst – Finance & Analytics for the Monetization & Workplace Tech: Consumer Products department.
The Sr. Business Analyst is responsible for acting as an interface with the business and the technical teams to ensure the delivery of technology solutions that meet the business needs and support growth targets. The Sr. Business Analyst will be responsible for discovery/requirements gathering through technical implementation as well as ensuring that best practices are followed.
Business Analysis: Provide thorough analysis of business processes and anticipate, develop and document requirements. Recommend areas of improvement and implement technical solutions that meet business needs. Create as-is and to-be workflow documentation as needed. During our Agile projects this business analyst must work closely with the business, the technical teams and product management team to ensure solutions meet business specification and align with strategic priorities. Must work with the Scrum Master to ensure that product backlog is prioritized and effectively groomed. Collaborate with technical lead and teams to confirm solutions are compatible with WB Tech standards. Deliver thorough user stories and functional designs /wireframes, test cases, test scripts and end user training materials and manage support of function as necessary.
Product Roadmap: Work closely with Technology and Business stakeholders to define the multi-year product roadmaps for various products in the application portfolio. Work with the Executive Director and Sr. Manager to continually update the roadmaps on a quarterly basis.
Data Analysis: Lead business intelligence analytics requirements elicitation with various business and user groups including discovery phase, defining data consolidation, reporting, analytics and visualization needs. Develop viable technical solutions through collaboration. Coordinate with cross-functional teams including architects and developers to define and implement solutions. Deliver logical data models, data mapping documentation and business rules documentation. Leverage of ETL tools for data extraction/transformation/ load and validation in both OLTP and OLAP databases as necessary.
• Undergraduate Degree Required
• 5+ years of Functional Business Analyst experience
• Experience working in cross matrixed teams
• High degree of commitment, independence and self-motivation; enthusiasm for challenging work
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Established ability to anticipate exceptions and edge cases during testing
• Experience with software ticketing and bug tracking solutions such as Jira
• Knowledge of Agile software development, QA, and release processes
• Ability to find areas where the products can be improved
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
• Ability to work closely with end users, Product Owners and Project Sponsors and Management to understand and document business needs and requirements
• Ability to work closely with the technical teams to deliver system features that meet business requirements
• Ability to guide business assessments with key stakeholders to deliver quality requirements, design and roadmap documentation that supports targeted growth
• Ability to guide team(s) to ensure application features are of highest standard & meet business needs
• Lead estimation and planning processes to deliver reliable project plans that include accurate estimates for functional and technical designs, development and testing and training efforts
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness, even in the face of complexity
• Have a solid understanding of end to end application and data architecture to support requirements analysis, testing, and troubleshooting
• Test all new features and defect resolutions
• Develop traceability matrix for business requirements as they relate to test plans
• Develop and execute test cases based on requirements for User Acceptance Testing
• Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously that include:
• Simultaneous workstreams and development teams
• Iterative agile projects with ongoing releases
• User Acceptance Testing
• Collaborate on Change Management / Training
• Leading Functional efforts across multiple agile projects
• Experience in Media & Entertainment Industry
• Consumer Products experience preferred
Functional knowledge of the following systems and processes:
• • Jira & Confluence
• Snowflake Data Warehouse
• SQL Queries
• Financial Solutions - Forecasting & Planning, Actuals and Accruals Reporting
• General office activities - walking, standing, sitting, speaking, finger manipulation, lifting, bending, etc.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person, on the phone or in virtual meetings
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to demonstrate resilience and reset quickly if/when encountering potential setbacks
• Must be able to work standard hours (9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.) with some flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrates resiliency when met with challenges
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1vbe-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.