SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Software Developer-Full Stack Developer. The Software Developer – Full Stack will be responsible for being a hands-on software engineer that manages a product release and maintenance from inception to launch and everything in between. This position requires a key individual who understands business functions and requirements, translating these to a working application allowing WB Technology to continue innovating & supporting consumer facing initiatives across company divisions.
1. Develop core functionality and components for applications; services and websites, by starting with business needs and objectives, creating functional and technical specifications, and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
2. Review project objectives and determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development and deployment of code and applications.
3. Ensure clear/straightforward design and comprehensive documentation of code. Identify code/functionality that can be reused and pull it out, improve upon it, and publish it for appropriate reuse within the team.
4. Review emerging technologies and evaluate potential uses for WB Technology and other divisions. Develop prototype projects using new technologies.
5. Evaluate software products and vendors for Technology Solutions and other divisions. Recommend action, develop and lead implementation of selected products/services.
6. Work with internal and external developers to ensure WB Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications.
7. Develop core functionality and components for applications; services, native apps and websites, by starting with business needs and objectives, creating functional and technical specifications and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
• 5+ years of web & mobile development experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Technical Knowledge/Skills in the following areas:
• Experience with current web languages and frameworks ranging from scripting to compiled such as React, NodeJS, ReactNative
• Experience with C/C++/C#, Python, and shell scripting.
• Experience with AWS, Azure, and GCP.
• Experience with hardware and software optimization.
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with distributed version control, cloud-native practices and knowledge repositories using Git, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins or equivalent systems.
• Demonstrated experience integrating to service backends.
• Advanced computer knowledge is essential, as is experience with software applications necessary to complete projects. These may include, but are not limited to, digital graphic & prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
• Strong object-oriented & functional programming skills.
• Understanding of related Web issues, including accessibility, site architecture, user-interface, navigation, type.
• Expierence in mediaplayer like VideoJS is a plus
• Expierence in Media Encryption and DRM is a plus
• Functional Knowledge / Skills in the following areas:
• Overall knowledge of the entertainment industry business preferred
• Overall knowledge of Warner Bros. businesses, business processes, technologies and applications that support it is preferred
• General Knowledge / Skills required:
• Must be able to create and maintain clear, concise, and well-constructed documentation.
• Experience managing client and vendor relationships is a plus.
• Experience working with off-shore teams is a plus.
• Experience with social media systems is a plus.
• Excellent attention to detail, and a desire to learn and master new technologies a must.
• Strong experience in estimating projects, and time management skills.
• Must be a ''self-starter'' as well as work in a group project environment.
• Must possess excellent problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with others (clients, staff, management, vendors, etc.).
• Must be able to work well in a fast paced, heterogeneous environment.
• General office activities - walking, standing, sitting, speaking, finger manipulation, lifting, bending
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqmxx9-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.