Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Participations Review Specialist for the FCRA Participations department. The Sr. Participations Review Specialist will float across various Participations teams, providing support on complex and higher risk statement preparation, review, and analysis within the Participations Department. This role reviews legal agreements and participation statements across various business units, including Theatrical, TV, Home Entertainment & Games, ensuring accuracy and compliance with contractual obligations. Additionally, the Sr. Participations Review Specialist will be responsible for process improvement, and ongoing support of the standardization/transition efforts with Sylvester (WB's state-of-the-art participations system) and may be given short-term and long-term special projects by Director or VP.
The Sr. Participations Review Specialist is an important constituent in ongoing cross-divisional initiatives related to leadership development, system design and testing, knowledge sharing, soft skills training, mentorship opportunities, and special projects.
• Front line responsibility of reviewing participation statement packages to validate contractual and financial accuracy and compliance. Process includes validating the deal set-up, ensuring proper reconciliations from the statement to the actuals, and confirming accuracy of all statement related information.
• Provide assistance to various Participations teams as needed for coverage or floating needs.
• Provides explanations to management on each statement for unexpected trends in revenue / expenses and/or changes to deal terms or adjustments.
• Makes decisions on the necessity of permanent adjustments required and reviews/approved adjustments proposed by staff members.
• Performs and/or supervises special projects, analysis, and research (e.g., participant and auditor queries, etc.) including Financial modeling or what if analysis that may extend to enterprise-wide initiatives.
• Communicates with Sr. Finance Executives in the Production / Distribution business units when additional information is required to support and/or confirm participations statements.
• Identify improvements and enhancements related to FCRA's participations system (aka Sylvester) and participate in design and testing. Also, create, standardize, and improve business processes for statement preparation. Activities may include organizational research, process design, collaboration, and negotiation to create efficient integration points, process documentation and change management implementation.
• Drives and manages the requirements gathering and business case justification for small systems enhancements; manages the implementation of process improvements.
• Assist in managing the quarterly statement sort and ensuring proper allocation of titles across the various Participations teams.
• Lead training/participations concept classes.
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent years' experience required.
• CPA or MBA preferred.
• Project Management certification a plus.
• Minimum 8 years overall experience, 2-3 years prior management experience
• Minimum five years previous participations, accounting, audit or financial related experience required.
• Understanding of entertainment industry accounting practices across both production and distribution business units on a global basis.
• Prior experience in participations environment preferred.
• Ability to work in a matrixed organization and experienced at juggling assignments from more than one supervisor.
• Public or private audit and/or consulting experience preferred.
• Previous entertainment industry working experience preferred.
• Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles preferred.
• Experience with system implementations and testing preferred.
• Experience in a large corporate environment preferred.
• Experience working with blended teams, including outsourced providers and multiple time zones, preferred.
• Must have ability for progressive responsibility within the organization.
• Must have strong competency in working with multiple systems, applications and SAP; must be willing to learn new IT applications.
• Very strong proficiency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word required.
• Very strong knowledge of mathematical concepts and algebra required.
• Excellent analytical skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including development, documentation, and delivery of training materials.
• Training and presentation experience preferred; must be an effective presenter.
• Strong overall understanding of Participations, including ability to read and understand digests and abstracts of legal agreements required.
• Very strong planning, organizational, time management and leadership skills required.
• Must be very flexible and able to adapt and lead in a team environment that is fast-paced and changing rapidly.
• Strong ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel and management within and outside the division (operational, financial, legal, IT, executive).
• Solution oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume environment and think outside of the box.
• Must be a confident individual who is a quick learner and self-starter.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work overtime as needed.
• Must be very detail oriented, without losing sight of the big picture.
• Must have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to conceptualize and communicate solutions.
• Must be a team player with high-level of interpersonal skills and customer-focus.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8j2o-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.