Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Mgr, Product Mgmt – Privacy Technology for the Enterprise Tech Solutions_CDX2 Code department.
The Senior Manager, Product Management is responsible for establishing the foundational product workflow, features, roadmap and deployment decisions to evolve WarnerMedia's privacy technology capabilities globally. As privacy compliance regulations like GDPR, CPRA, CDPA, LGPD and others continue to evolve, this role will ensure that our enterprise privacy compliance platforms and corresponding processes align accordingly. This role will produce or enhance products that focus on key global compliance requirements including overall privacy management, compliance reporting; individual rights requests; data governance and supporting the operationalization of the global Privacy COE. Additionally, the Senior Manager, Product Management will evolve a suite of custom services including ID Verification, automated workflow management and orchestration, and automated rights request fulfillment. As part of the privacy product development process, this role will be responsible for the product vision & roadmap, delivery schedule, project estimation/budgeting/justification/pitches, market research, user adoption & measurement, and oversight of the Scrum team.
• Define the product roadmap for the enterprise privacy technology stack. Work with Privacy Legal, Operations, Data Strategy, and Brand teams to ensure alignment with privacy compliance requirements, feasibility and adjust where needed
• Estimate/budget LOE to develop product features/establish projects. Work with stakeholders to ensure priorities and dependencies are aligned
• Lead the Scrum team. Ensure that all members understand the product vision and have everything they need for successful delivery. Manage issues and risks and remove blockers
• Clearly communicate the roadmap at all levels, including specific functionality offered to ensure all understand what a feature means and what the stakeholder will experience
• Collaborate with the Scrum team on turning the product vision into releases, epics, user stories
• Lead the Solutions/Business analyst resources and ensure that they obtain, review, and prioritize functional requirements from the Client (Privacy Legal) and other Key Stakeholders. Ensure the requirements are met with the optimal balance of technology, people, and process-based solutions. Maintain and manage the backlog of requirements.
• Monitor and analyze key performance indicators and make recommendations based on data to improve the product
• Define and articulate longer-term strategies and determine those that need runway to achieve timeline targets
• Research and analyze emerging trends in the marketplace and keep abreast of competing products or methods to drive product requirements
• Cultivate strong relationships among working teams and have exposure to senior leadership
• Undergraduate degree required.
• IAPP and or OneTrust certification preferred.
• Minimum 8 years of experience developing technical products/solutions in a client-facing role.
• Knowledge of Information Management, Data Protection, Privacy, and other related processes (within the entertainment industry highly preferred).
• Experience implementing and supporting a data privacy tool (One Trust preferred, including data mapping, privacy impact assessments, and data subject request processes).
• Professional experience in a field directly relevant to compliance with federal, state and local laws, and regulations.
• Experience in a Product Owner/Manager role
• Experience with Agile/Scrum as a Product Owner and/or Scrum Master
• Practical application of the software development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile and SCRUM project management with industry-standard best-practice methodologies.
• Working in a multi-labor work environment that includes internal and out-sourced resources is a plus.
• At least two major full life cycle global ERP/SaaS implementation desired.
• Past practice and implementation of process re-engineering efforts.
• Deep knowledge of Requirements definition and realization.
• Knowledge of Information Management, Data Protection, Privacy, and other related processes is required (at least one discipline).
• Awareness and understanding of domestic and foreign laws and regulations of Data Protection, Privacy, and other related matters.
• Responsible for root cause analysis, testing, and applying valid fixes.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Management of 3rd party service providers in application and project delivery (on and off-shore).
• Hands-On experience with privacy solutions.
• Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
• Excellent skills with O365, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Visio.
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zjk7-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.