The Hair and Make-Up Department is an integrated business unit, composed of artists proficient in both art forms. The artists support all on-air talent across all platforms, and are responsible for the application, continuity, and modernization of hair and make-up for CNN Worldwide. Hair and make-up are key elements of the branding of the on-air talent for all CNN network shows.
The position works cohesively with the production team both in studio and on-location, in a fast-paced, breaking new environment. This position will be responsible for the completion of daily administrative work utilizing advanced technology. Finally, the position requires scheduling flexibility, as hours will shift due to changing programming demands, which could include weekends, overnights, shift extensions, and holidays.
• Responsible for timely execution of modern, detailed, HDTV makeup applications, utilizing both airbrush and manual makeup techniques. An expert at delivering and maintaining the desired hairstyle on all hair textures and lengths. Taking into consideration industry trends, the executive vision, the audience demographic, the client's perspective, as well as the studio and lighting. Proficient at all hairstyling techniques and equipment which include blow-dry round brushing, wand irons, marcel irons, spring irons, and flat irons. Create and maintain the makeup and hairstyling ''specifics'' for each client to ensure consistency. Source and utilize the latest makeup products.
• Department Operations assistance/Key Hairstylist & Makeup Artist - the senior artist is a visible, self-motivated, dynamic leader, consistently implementing the department strategy and vision. Supports management, overseeing the day-to-day room operations and administrative responsibilities, which include but are not limited to maintaining inventory backstock, distributing supplies, client scheduling, on-going and new hire training of part-time temps, implementing the highest level of sanitation protocols, and conflict resolution. They are the onsite point of contact for all last-minute production requests. Key hairstylist and makeup artist for all award shows and high-profile Anchor/Guests (traveling on location as needed).
• Effectively manages time by collaborating with your team to execute room flow and responsibilities. Independently meeting deadlines. Consistently prepared in a breaking news environment.
• Utilizes open, effective, and professional communication, consistently operating with integrity and positive intention.
• Takes ownership of the client experience, anticipating needs, creating and maintaining a welcoming environment, and exceeding expectations.
• Creative and proficient use of modern technology skills to contribute to the department's operations and client experience.
• The successful applicant will ideally have at least three years' makeup and hairstyling experience and well as airbrushing/HDTV experience.
• Esthetician or cosmetologist license, or certified training from an accredited school/salon, or equivalent required.
• Applicants must be willing to become or stay licensed/certified as requested.
• Applicants must be able to communicate with clients effectively and diplomatically in order to quickly resolve any issues that arise, as well as to provide the best possible customer service.
• Applicants must possess a friendly and outgoing demeanor.
• Creativity is a must in both seeking ways to improve service for clients, as well as adapting to changing methods and techniques.
• Applicants must be capable of maintaining high performance in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
• Successful applicants will be capable of maintaining confidentiality at all times.
• Computer skills, particularly in Microsoft 365 is required. Proactive work ethic towards constantly improving the hair & makeup room experience for clients is a must.
The Nice to Haves
• Experienced in dealing with high-profile talent is preferred
• Wardrobe consulting experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkww7k-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.