Delivering first-in-class content in the best and most engaging ways possible while equipping our people to do so requires an incredible amount of talent… and technology. The technology and operations group covers things like the company's data strategy, content delivery systems, master control operations, broadcast engineering, advertising technology, and the technology platform for HBO Max, while also supporting the everyday underpinnings of our company. Join our community of extraordinary team members who are truly building the tools that will run the future of entertainment.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr Full Stack Developer for the DigOpsProdEng: Franchise Tech Platform department.
The Sr Developer – Full Stack will be responsible for being hands-on & deeply involved with product development, delivery and maintenance from inception to launch and everything in between. This position requires a key individual who understands business functions and requirements and applies practical experience in the key disciplines of software development (object-oriented design and programming, functional programming, configuration management, experimentation, testing, etc.) to deliver incremental but complete pieces of business value to stakeholders.
A Senior Developer not only demonstrates the skills and knowledge of a seasoned programmer but also displays strong understanding around software design principles.
The Senior Developer on the team displays the drive for learning and understanding programming paradigms beyond one particular programming language, toolset, or cloud platform.
• Develop core functionality and components for applications; services and websites, in support of Consumer facing users, by starting with business needs and objectives, contributing to functional and technical specifications, and executing against a plan to launch and maintain applications.
• Review project objectives and collaboratively determine best technology for implementation. Implement best practice standards for development and deployment of code and applications.
• Ensure clear/straightforward design and comprehensive documentation of code. Identify code/functionality that can be reused and refactor for reuse within the team.
• Develop prototype projects using new technologies
• Work with internal and external developers to ensure WM Technology code standards and best practices are performed for development of applications
• A minimum of five years of software development experience, with a strong focus on infrastructure and web application development.
• Expert level understanding of modern web technologies and patterns (ECMAScript6, Web Components, Design Systems, Micro Frontends)
• Expert level with current web languages and frameworks ranging from scripting to compiled as NodeJS, GoLang, Java, or equivalent
• Expert level with web development tools & concepts such as npm, flow, typescript, grunt, jest
• Expert understanding of CI/CD toolsets, as well as DevOps practices such as Feature Toggles, Trunk Based Development, Canary releases, and more.
• Experience working in a Test-Driven Development environment
• Experience with web servers (Apache, Nginx, etc.), CDNs (Akamai, CloudFront, CloudFlare, etc.), and modern application servers (NextJS, Express, Nuxt, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge & experience with containerization & serverless infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, AWS Fargate, AWS ECS, AWS EKS)
• Advanced knowledge working with high transaction databases (AWS Aurora, AWS DynamoDB, Kafka, MongoDB)
• Advanced knowledge working with AWS SNS, AWS SQS, AWS Kinesis, AWS ElastiCache, etc.
• Must practice Agile product development methodologies, (DevOps, Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Scrumban)
• Bachelor's in computer science (strongly preferred) or Computer Information Systems
• Lead (or significantly contributed) to the development and architecture of large scale consumer facing systems with high read/write transactions desirable.
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States in the near future. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3kp4q-54-161-98-96-42 in your application.