SEC Sgt / Fire Lead
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Warner Bros Discovery. seeks a Sr. Financial Analyst for the Financial Contracts Reporting & Administration Participations department. The FCRA Participations department handles contractual reporting to talent and co-production companies on all of Warner Bros. film, television, home entertainment, games, and new media libraries. It's an exciting, fast paced organization that provides a unique opportunity to learn many aspects of the company---from production to initial film release through all downstream channels of distribution. FCRA provides excellent opportunities to learn the entertainment industry and offers a robust year-round training program.
The Senior Financial Analyst position is responsible for preparing and reviewing participations statements. This position reviews and understands contractual agreements, ensuring that all financial obligations are met. Additionally, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for enhancing departments systems and tools through involvement in system design and testing; and improving business processes.
• Prepare participations statements, leveraging a new state-of-the-art Participations system, WB's enterprise SAP platform, existing tools, and analytical methodologies. Read and understands abstracts, legal agreements, and other related written documentation. Perform first level review of statements prepared by other Financial Analysts / Sr. Financial Analysts and provide feedback to preparers to make changes and correct errors, as needed.
• Perform current and historical data analysis and verifying that reporting is in accordance with contractual agreements. The analysis work takes into consideration the windowing and release patterns of film/television/other product, distribution cost trends analysis, etc. Research abnormalities using SAP and/or other line-of-business components to review underlying transactional activity.
• Support ad-hoc and special projects, including, but not limited to presentations to management and staff, buyout calculations, etc.
• Identify improvements and enhancements related to FCRA's participations system and participate in system testing.
• Attend technical and conceptual training sessions and cross-divisional forums as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
2+ years previous experience in a finance, accounting, auditing or IT environment a plus.
Participations and/or entertainment industry experience strongly preferred.
Business analyst or financial analyst experience a plus.
Public or private audit and/or consulting experience a plus.
Knowledge of GAAP vs. cash-based accounting principles a plus.
Experience with system implementations and testing a plus.
Experience in a large corporate environment a plus.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor's degree required. (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, or Information Systems preferred)
Strong to expert competency with MS Excel and Word, and PowerPoint required.
SAP experience preferred.
Must have ability for progressive responsibility/promotion within the organization.
Must have strong mathematical and algebra skills.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must have strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
Must be detail oriented.
Must be able to read and understand legal agreements.
Must be able to adapt and learn new technology.
Solution oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume environment and think outside of the box.
Must be able to understand and communicate with operational, financial, IT and executive personnel.
Must be able to manage multiple tasks effectively, efficiently, with flexibility to changing priorities.
Must be a team player with high-level of interpersonal skills and customer-focus.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Must be a quick learner who is results-oriented.
Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1z4m0-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.