Warner Media Studios seeks a Director, Planning and Analysis to join the by-title P&L reporting team within FP&A. This individual would support the consolidation and by-title reporting process for Warner Media products and Warner Bros.' divisions for Actual and Plan (i.e. Budget, Forecast, Monthly Update, Long Term Plan) periods.
• Act as liaison and assume reporting & analysis responsibilities for by-title business units (Games, Consumer Products) and various direct-to-consumer/other business units (DC Entertainment, Global Brands & Experiences, WB Digital Networks, Theatre Ventures, WB Studio Operations, Technology, Corporate)
• Prepare the divisional workpapers with film cost calculated by-title where applicable for all actual, monthly update, forecast and budget cycles. Includes analyzing by-title or source driven revenue/costs and the identifying issues and open items.
• Review the financial outlook submission to Warner Media for all plan cycles prior to sign-off. Coordinate the submission of deliverables to Warner Media.
• Prepare consolidated (Games) and divisional by-title gross profit reports (Games, Consumer Products) as well as other management schedules (e.g. reconciliation of product line to management view, breakdown of licensing revenue, etc.).
• Responsible for the compilation and review of divisional long-range plan submissions. Analyze business unit performance and ultimately publish key metrics.
• Determine budget/forecast procedures as well as designing and implementing process improvements. Active participation in the development of consolidation reports and analysis.
• Responsible for review and analysis of intercompany eliminations between Games, Consumer Products and DC Entertainment.
• Prepare summary of the divisional submission for sister company reporting for HBO, HBO Max, Kids & Classics and Turner East to ensure accurate recording of revenue to the correct trading partner and calculation of divisional participation expense.
• Respond to inquiries from business units finance personnel as well as management from both Studios & Networks and Warner Media.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in an accounting/finance or related environment required.
• Previous experience in entertainment a plus.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
• Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statements.
• Must have effective writing and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and logic skills including ability to grasp the ''big picture'' while also maintaining a strong detail orientation.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel required