WB Technology combines Warner Bros. industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio-and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio's enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
The Enterprise Data Solutions within the Warner Media Technology Operations group is looking to add a Sr Data Engineer to lead the architecture, design and implementation of projects focused on collecting, aggregating, storing, reconciling, and making data accessible from disparate sources to enable analysis and decision making. As an independent contributor, this individual will collaborate within a team of technologists to produce enterprise scale solutions to meet our clients' needs. In this role, responsibilities will touch on all stages of the software and data engineering lifecycle: understanding customer requirements, designing the application, implementation, reviewing code, and monitoring the system for issues. There will also be an opportunity to exercise highly developed collaboration abilities interacting with other technology teams on broader cross-organization initiatives. Strong analytical skills and passion for Data is a must.
Typically requires 7+ years of relevant experience.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• Take loosely defined business questions and translate them into clearly defined technical/data specifications for implementation.
• Write complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, design and develop solutions for analytic use cases.
• Ensure that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, and secure.
• Deliver quality work on defined tasks with little oversight and direction.
• Ensure all deliverables are of high quality throughout the project by adhering to coding standards, best practices and participating in code reviews.
• Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
• Requires a Bachelor's, Master's degree, or foreign equivalent degree in Information Science or Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience designing and implementing large-scale, complex, data-driven applications.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience using SQL to perform complex data manipulation.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with Python/Java/Scala,
• 3+ years' experience with big data and data warehouse technologies such as Apache Spark, Airflow, Redshift or Snowflake.
• 3+ years of experience in data and dimensional modeling.
• Familiarity and experience with Unix systems, version control tools and CI/CD workflows.
• Experience with cloud services such as AWS/GCP.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and work with rapidly changing business data; Appreciation of the need and ability to design for flexible systems that adapt to evolving user requirements.
• Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33m14-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.