Data Analytics Lead
New York, NY
As a Sr. Data Analyst of Product Insights you will play an integral role in driving reporting and analyses aimed at developing a deep understanding of user engagement behavior. You will build and maintain data visualizations and synthesize large volumes of data into actionable visual insights meaningful to the business. Additionally, you will partner closely with product stakeholders to build analytical frameworks and can collaboratively work with product and engineering leaders to meaningfully translate business requirements into solutions.
• Work closely with the product insights team under the guidance of the Sr. Product Insights lead to deliver business requirements, interact with product stakeholders and developers based on reporting needs.
• Establish a close working relationship with key product stakeholders to understand their needs, identify opportunities for leveraging data in their operational decision making, and define clear roadmaps for business intelligence and/or data visualization solutions.
• Collaborate with engineering partners in creating technical requirements, database design, and reporting solutions.
• Develop and maintain beautifully designed dashboards consumed by the HBO Max Product Leadership team, and build interactive dashboards to best support self-service BI to users
• Work closely with key product stakeholders to perform ad hoc analyses and also deliver key reporting & insights for the recurring monthly/quarterly business reviews
• Rapidly deliver on concepts through prototypes that can be presented for feedback
• Synthesize large volumes of data and complex concepts into clear accessible learnings
• Assist in building compelling presentations that communicate clear actionable insights
• Act as a visualization subject matter expert providing support to team members
• Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across the company (Data Engineering, Data Technology, Product, Content, Operations) to drive our team's success
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics or similar required (masters degree is a plus)
• 5+ years of relevant experience:
• Delivering business intelligence and data visualization dashboard solutions
• Looker or Tableau data visualization design and development
• Analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining and staging data
• Candidate should be a SQL expert; must be able to optimize queries and join datasets efficiently
• For Looker, must be able to configure the entire pipeline - create Views/Models/Explores
• Proven track record of performing comprehensive analyses independently
• Strong communicator, for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Detail oriented and cares about the quality of the input data as well as how the processed data is ultimately interpreted and used
• High tolerance for ambiguity and fast-changing environment
• Excited to work in the entertainment industry and, in particular, at a premiere video streaming service
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1n6m-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.