Warner Bros. Film Group seeks a Senior Counsel, Legal Affairs for the Global Theatrical Production Group which includes Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema.
The position reports to the head of legal affairs for the Warner Bros. Film Group. The principal job duties are:
• Negotiating and drafting agreements related to the development, production and financing of Warner Bros. and New Line theatrical and streaming films, including rights agreements and above-the-line talent agreements
• Providing legal support during physical and post-production, including negotiating location, vendor and visual effects agreements
• Working closely with the business affairs group in connection with the studio's motion picture projects
The successful candidate will have a J.D. degree with a strong academic record from an ABA accredited law school and at least 3 years of relevant production experience working for a production company, studio or law firm. Admission to the State Bar of California or qualified to practice as a Registered In-House Counsel is also required. In addition, the candidate will possess the following attributes:
• Willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Ability and flexibility to take on new and complex legal challenges
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively and cross functionally
• Adaptable negotiation style
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzknb1-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.