Privacy Analyst - Brand Support
The WarnerMedia Legal Department is in search of an experienced technology transactional attorney to provide legal counsel and contracting support to WarnerMedia's technology organization that powers all of WarnerMedia's world renowned brands, including Warner Bros., HBO and HBO Max, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Sports, DC Entertainment, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Bleacher Report and more.
• Drafting and negotiating technology related agreements, including software and technology license/development agreements, SaaS agreements, consulting services agreements and statements of work
• Providing strategic legal advice and counsel on a variety of licensing, intellectual property, commercial and other legal topics
• Providing legal counsel and contracting support to WarnerMedia's Technology and Operations, Data Privacy, Cybersecurity, Global Sourcing and Finance organizations
• Supervising implementation and administration of contracts for worldwide captioning services
• Coordinating legal matters with other internal divisions and/or outside counsel
• Preparing standardized master agreements for enterprise-wide use
• Drafting and supervising the preparation of non-disclosure agreements, usage agreements and technology evaluation agreements
• Keeping well informed of trends in the entertainment industry and areas of law relating to technology, intellectual property and information security/data privacy
• Supporting general technology transactions for business units across the company
• Areas supported include technology and operations infrastructure and data platforms that support our theatrical and television studio productions; linear broadcast networks; digital brands; direct-to-consumer and streaming platforms; software and application licensing and development; data science and data strategy; distribution technologies (digital/physical); production and post-production technologies; media supply chain (content workflow and management); enterprise systems and solutions; information security and data privacy; digital and linear advertising sales technology; payment processing technologies; emerging technology and innovations lab; and more.
• J.D. degree from a top tier law school and admission to a state bar required
• 7+ years of technology transactional experience at a reputable law firm and/or comparable in-house experience
• Substantive work in and knowledge of the entertainment and technologies industries, including digital platforms and intellectual property, sufficient to prepare legal documents, represent WarnerMedia in legal proceedings and advise management
• Excellent academic credentials and references
• Superior drafting and negotiating skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and must be collaborative and team oriented
• A strategic thinker and highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities effectively
• Strong analytical and organizational skills and great attention to detail
• Excellent judgment and decision-making skills, and the ability to interact productively with other attorneys and staff, in-house client groups and outside counsel
• Familiarity with data privacy laws and regulations (including GDPR and CCPA) a plus.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rboovx-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.