Sr. Software Developer - Full Stack
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Applications Engineer, Planning Applications for the Enterprise Technology: WB Finance & Planning Solutions department.
• Manages the development of key strategic attributes for the client's information technology strategy. Manages the financial analysis and forecasting for specific applications in the client's portfolio with the overarching objective to optimize TCO. Assists in the development of project budgets including ROI substantiation.
• Works with Clients to capture business requirements and participates in the development of Technology requirements, and lead application development related activities. Collaborates with cross-divisional technology teams to ensure that appropriate governance exists for all technology solutions.
• Manages the performance of the internal WB resources and external service provider(s) as it relates to the support of the application portfolio, and/or projects for the supported client groups. Provides the internal and external service provider(s) with prioritization for client change requests associated with the client's portfolio.
• Provide technical oversight and guidance to our Service Providers and WB team members regarding our financial planning portfolio (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Longview and Adaptive Planning):
• Collaborate with WarnerMedia's Planning team members and Service Providers to provide guidance around key break fixes and enhancements
• Provide best practices, strategic oversight, and thought leadership as the in-house Technical and Functional Subject Matter Expert regarding Financial Planning solutions
• Manages vendor due diligence, analysis, procurement, acquisition and integration of complex software applications and systems including creation and approval of statement of works.
• Responsible for the lifecycle management of client application portfolio from ideation to delivery and retirement of legacy solutions.
• 10+ years of Information technology experience in a lead role overseeing a portfolio of applications across technical platforms (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Longview, Adaptive Planning)
• 5+ years of management experience employees and onsite/offshore 3rd party resources
• Knowledge of various Financial Planning and Reporting processes (e.g. P&L, Cash, Capital, Personnel, Ultimates)
• Entertainment industry experience is highly desirable
• Expertise in one or more entertainment business units (e.g. Theatrical Distribution, Home Entertainment, Television Distribution, Games, Consumer Products, Corporate) is highly desirable
• 5+ years of experience in a lead project management role implementing Financial Planning and Reporting solutions
• Understanding of technical components required to support business processes, including effort estimates and resource management experience
• Experience planning and implementing changes to existing process and live productive applications
• Experience in team lead capacity with at least 3 full end-to-end life cycle implementation of a large Technology project in leadership roles
• Practical experience with application of s oftware development life cycle with industry standard best practice methodologies
• Experience in the planning, implemen tation, operation, and maintenance of Technology systems across multiple hardware and software platforms
• Experience in project and change management of major development or operations projects is required
• Experience with ERP and SaaS software
• Familiarity with data integration tools (ETLs, APIs) a plus
• Familiarity with data warehousing concepts a plus
• General knowledge of financial controls framework
• Management of Technology budget exceeding $1 Million
• Must have demonstrated success in a leadership role
• Undergraduate degree required
• Graduate degree preferred
• Bachelors or Master's degree in a field relevant to Financial systems (e.g. information technology, finance, accounting or equivalent experience).
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
• Technical Knowledge of SAP platforms required for planning:
• Must have knowledge on recommending various front-end planning/reporting tools (Webi, Lumira Dashboard, Analysis for Office, Bex, Crystal, SAP Analytics Cloud, EPM/BPC) for different applications based on the business requirements
• Solid implementation experience on BW Planning Data flows/Models: Data sources, DSO, InfoCubes and Reports.
• Define and promote enterprise architecture standards and strategies for SAP BW on HANA and SAP BW/4HANA
• Experience with multiple Data Visualization solutions Business Objects Cloud, AO, Webi, Lumira Design studio
• Extensive experience with HANA and ABAP Development
• Ability to develop information technology project plans to deliver high quality services at reasonable costs.
• Understanding of application technology and associated solutions and strategies related to the client's business to help them achieve their business goals and objectives
• Knowledge of Corporate, Business Unit Planning processes, and ability to translate them into Technology requirements to satisfy financial and reporting obligations
• Ability to design and/or provide oversight on Financial Planning Systems (Master Data, Transactional Data, Dimensions, User Interfaces, Complex Financial Calculations, Reporting, Security)
• Integration frameworks (e.g. middleware / transformation logic)
• Ability to provide oversight and provide a framework on testing cycles for developers (Unit Testing, QA Testing, Regression Testing)
• Data conversion concepts and impacts on new business processes
• Client deployment readiness concepts (e.g. business cutover)
• Experience with complex data models concepts, standards & design
• Knowledge of client's business, strategy and applications
• Be an expert in one or more Business Units' processes and apps
• Knowledge of all phases of system development lifecycle, from requirements gathering to production support
• Strong knowledge of ERP and SaaS client application(s) that support(s) the business process, with practical implementation of multiple modules / applications
• Knowledge of financial and operational planning processes and related systems integration
• Familiarity with Film Entertainment accounting and compliance practices and processes a plus
• Familiarity with Financial Reporting Standards
• Strong customer service focus and responsiveness
• Proficient decision-making and time management skills. Demonstrates leadership abilities. Maintains current knowledge in use and industry trends of technology
• Strong analytical skills, interpretive and evaluative skills
• Strong organizational and project management skills across multiple threads of work streams
• Outstanding documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Creative and resourceful approach to the business and an ability to think and deliver creative value-added solutions to clients
• Effectively negotiations service level agreements and commitments between Technology Solutions, client and other WM organizations
• Ability to effectively manage small teams and budget
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of management and staff
• Ability to lead a productive and effective workforce consisting of employees and contracted resources