Senior Analyst, Technology Governance and Policy
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr Applications Developer for the Enterprise Technology: HR/Payroll Solutions.
The Sr. Application Developer position is responsible for developing and supporting critical application in the Enterprise Technology, HR Solutions and Provisioning portfolio. This position will gather requirements, produce functional and technical design, perform development, testing, deployment, and operational support activities.
This position will provide technical solutions in the HR Payroll, People Data Architecture, Data Integrations & API's, and Identify Management landscape.
Applications in this space include Workday (Integrations), Bottomline Check Printing, Safeguard International payroll, the home grown People Data Platform, multiple Custom AWS applications, Azure Integrations, Microsoft Graph and PowerShell custom solutions for Identity and Account provisioning, and a suite of HR SQL Server applications built using .NET/ASP, VBA. Detailed technical knowledge of a variety of technologies and business knowledge of HR and Identity data is required to be successful in this role.
The role will attend client interviews and participate in stakeholder workshops. Upon establishment of the requirements, this position will use their technical and functional knowledge to support the design, configuration, development, testing, and deployment/cutover phases to implement to production.
• Supports configuration, tables, forms, user interfaces, workflows, calculations, and third-party integration components for the Bottom-Line, People Data Platform, SNOW HR, and other HR applications.
Manages and triages incidents and user requests based on priority and urgency of the issues.
• Designs and develops enhancements and new functionality and components for the Bottom-Line, People Data Platform, SNOW HR, AWS, and other HR applications. Translates requirements into detailed technical designs. Designs, develops and tests new or updated application code to meet the requirements. Manages end to end deployment of new features.
• Designs and develops enhancements and new functionality and components for AWS API's, Lambda functions and DynamoDB tables. Translates requirements into detailed technical designs. Designs, develops and tests new or updated application code to meet the requirements. Manages end to end deployment of new features.
• Partners with Clients and Technology Solutions to define and capture business requirements, technical requirements, determines scope, and estimates the effort in the development of Technology requirements. Leads application development related activities while ensuring that appropriate governance exists for all delivery of technology solutions.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with configuration and development of HR related applications using Microsoft or AWS technologies, preferably within the Entertainment industry or within a Union based workplace.
• 3 years of technology experience supporting a complex application with integration points across other systems
• Experience with complex integrations preferably between HR, Payroll, Time and Attendance and Financial systems (such as SAP)
• Experience with AWS development or other public cloud environments such as Azure or Google Cloud preferred
• Experience with complex integrations between back-office ERP platforms
• Experience with test driven development, CI/CD, Agile practices and tools desired
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with Database development technologies required
• Understanding of the technical components required to support business processes, including
effort estimates and resource management experience
• Experience planning and implementing enhancements, operating and maintaining technology systems supporting existing business process and live productive applications
• Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect)
• Knowledge of common code management best practices, automated deployment, using code repository tools like Git or SVN
• Ability to write technical specifications, use case diagrams, build flowcharts etc. using common tools (Confluence, Visio, Lucidchart)
• Undergraduate degree required
• Graduate degree or professional certification preferred
• Technical Knowledge / Skills:
• Strong programming in Java, Python or other modern object-oriented language
• Strong programming in SQL and Database development, relational or NoSQL
• Integration frameworks (e.g., middleware, transformation logic)
• • Writes documentation and analysis for payroll and related financial activities used to identify systemic issues or problems with integrations
• Understanding of application technology and associated solutions and strategies related to the client's business to help them achieve their business goals and objectives
• System design and testing concepts
• Client deployment readiness concepts (e.g. business cutover)
• Development certifications desirable (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Functional Knowledge / Skills in the following areas:
• Knowledge of HCM processes preferably including studio pay calculations, time reporting, and workflow best practices. Other complex rule-based business domains will be considered (unions, claims, financials, etc.)
• • Knowledge of all phases of system development lifecycle, including production support
• General Knowledge / Skills required:
• Strong customer service focus and responsiveness
• Strong analytical skills, interpretive and evaluative skills
• Strong organizational skills across multiple threads of work streams
• Outstanding documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Creative and resourceful approach to the business and an ability to think and deliver creative value-added solutions to clients
• • Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of management and staff
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary