Warner Bros. Consumer Products Inc. seeks a Sr. Analyst, Audit & Compliance for the DCPUS Finance department. The Sr. Analyst, Audit & Compliance role serves as the project and training lead for all system enhancements and business process improvement initiatives for deal business evaluation and management. Additionally, as needed, the role will support and execute domestic and international royalty contract audits of Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) licensees and international agents to ensure compliance with the agreements.
• Acts as liaison between business unit and GBS in resolving royalty statement compliance issues
• Works to optimize licensing reporting by assisting in the implementation of macros on licensee data when necessary
• Performs financial due diligence to, and liquidity assessments for licensees/business partners for internal review with Category, Legal and Finance teams
• Assists Category Management team and Legal with any finance deal terms and audit deal terms in negotiations where necessary
• Assists in monitoring the overall licensing landscape by identifying contracts about to expire or in need of renewal
• Assists in gathering data points for Licensee scorecard and/or other KPI's which will be used to evaluate Licensee performance
• Assists in monitoring in-process royalty dashboard
• Assists in tech upgrade implementation as needed
• Assists with pre-audit planning and preparation by performing analysis of financial data to identify areas of audit risks.
• Analyzes complex licensing contracts, identifying financial terms and compliance points for audit.
• Customizes and develop dynamic data testing models to accommodate all levels of licensee reporting sophistication.
• Reviews accuracy of licensee royalty reporting and payment histories.
• Consistent with audit program, executes audit procedures and document findings for inclusion in draft audit reports. Assists with resolution of any interpretive differences of contract terms.
• Assembles workpapers and present audit findings to management for review. Assist with settlement of audit claims as needed.
• Assists in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations detailing audit findings and business insights for internal review with Category, Legal and Finance teams
• Performs special projects as needed
• Minimum 5 years' experience in accounting and finance required
• Big 4 public accounting or internal audit experience required
• Industry experience in entertainment or consumer products preferred
• Experience with international accounting, tax and business issues preferred
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business or related field
• CPA required
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and credit principles
• Previous experience with financial systems, SAP and/or Oracle preferred.
• Advanced Excel (pivot tables, macros, formulas), with proficiency with other MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Access, Project, Visio) and SQL.
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and a willingness to look beyond surface requirements.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons at all levels.
• Must be willing to collaborate with management and peers to advance team and company goals.
• Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to understand written and oral instructions.
• Must be flexible as priorities shift and the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally when needed
• Fluency in Latin America or Asian foreign language a plus (written and verbal)
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5y66-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.