WarnerMedia is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to lead a team of talented engineers within our WarnerMedia Technology & Operations organization. The team owns asset and metadata workflows for short form and long form video-on-demand (VOD) content, managing delivery of asset files and metadata including TV schedule airings, show data, and thumbnails. The workflow integrations span across multiple, disparate systems to orchestrate and distribute assets to internal systems and external partners.
The Software Engineering Manager role is focused on team leadership, technical systems architecture, workflow design, project implementation, rollout, and operational support. You will be a strong technology leader who champions product development strategy from the holistic view of cross- system integrations, down to the technical requirements and code implementation direction for software components. You will also excel at core team leadership practices to allocate resources across multiple projects, track technical progress for on-time delivery, build technical knowledge within the team, and coach individual growth. Our tech stack includes backend services and front-end UI tools built using Go, Node.js, React, and other languages on AWS infrastructure – EC2, S3, SNS, EventBridge, Lambda, Step Functions, and more.
• Manage a team of software engineers to build and maintain software products using Agile software methodologies. Mentor, grow, and coach individuals.
• Recruit and develop team to instill a culture of excellence in technical competency, architecture reuse, reliability, performance, and operational efficiency.
• Lead technical execution and delivery for major project initiatives, overseeing technical architecture strategies, software feature building, robust testing, and rollouts to support brand roadmap milestones.
• Lead technical work breakdowns, resource allocation, and sprint deliverables for work planning and on-time delivery.
• Collaborate with technical product managers, project managers, engineers, and operational teams to define technical requirements, create architecture artifacts, plan project timelines, and lead technical decisions with team.
• Identify and drive software feature improvements to evolve platform capabilities and prioritize technical debt needs. Evaluate emerging technologies for potential adoption.
• Roll up your sleeves to triage critical incidents, debug systems issues, and assist with on-call support as needed. Build APIs and tools for system health monitoring and error recovery.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years experience managing a development or engineering team
• Extensive experience in software development lifecycle and application modernization
• Experience in building software in AWS cloud stack across multiple environments
• Strong knowledge of sophisticated application, database, network, and service-level integrations across distributed large-scale architectures
• Experience using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of programming languages – Go, Node.js, etc.
• Strong experience with source control and CI/CD pipelines – Git, Github, Jenkins, etc.
• Ability to lead solution design meetings and technical work breakdowns
• Ability to articulate software features through artifacts – user stories, requirements docs, workflow diagrams, API/SDK specs, etc.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, nimble environment which can pivot rapidly per changing needs
• Clear and effective communicator with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Experience in video-on-demand (VOD) asset delivery and metadata processing is a plus – large file transfers, linear TV schedule management, MVPD specs (CableLabs, Comcast Unified Ingest, etc).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wmqq-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.