WarnerMedia Ottawa is looking for a Software Development Manager to join our Core platform team. This role will continue changing the way viewers experience TV across multiple platforms, all under a single code base. The successful candidate must demonstrate a successful track record of bringing high-quality solutions quickly to market, enjoy learning and applying new technologies, and thrive in a dynamic developer-oriented work environment.
• Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with product management and customers
• Work together with product management to plan and execute releases, while ensuring teams have appropriate product and technical specifications and direction
• Implement and encourage good Agile Technical Practices
• Work with the team to de-risk technical dependencies in advance of execution
• Provide data which reflects the current state and progress of work
• Regularly meet with your direct reports to discuss their day-to-day responsibilities, as well as to provide guidance and coaching on their professional development
• Collaborate with HR and senior management on company initiatives
• Typical ratio for this role would be 6-12 reports
• You have 7+ years of software development experience
• You have 3+ years of people and or technical leadership
• You have experience working in C++
• You have owned the end-to-end process for product release
• You are an Agile Development Expert
• You have the ability to work as a hands-on technical leader when needed
• You have experience delivering a scope of technical deliverables within an agreed schedule
WarnerMedia welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvovbw-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.