Producer, Digital International
Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
Senior Visual Editor (6 months contract)
• Identify and pitch visual and data story ideas
• Partner with other editors and reporters to brainstorm visual coverage ideas and find gaps in current story planning. Plan proactively for major events and identify strong visual opportunities
• Assign and edit work by visual reporters and designers
• Edit and help execute visually led stories for daily, long form, and breaking news as well as longer term projects, including maps, charts, infographics, animations, and mobile first interactives
• Collaborate with the Visual News team to refine standards and best practices for storytelling forms including data visualizations, interactives, photography, illustrations, and animations
What you'll bring
• You are enthusiastic about excellent visual and data driven journalism and can share that enthusiasm with patience and clarity
• You put the journalism first, have impeccable news judgment, and are always asking ''what's the best way to tell this story?''
• A reader-first perspective and strong commitment to multiplatform storytelling
• You're comfortable working collaboratively, individually and with cross-functional teams
• You are an excellent communicator and feel as comfortable walking through a story pitch with editors as you do coaching a developer on an interactive interface.
At least five years' experience in a journalistic setting but likely more.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Mark Oliver at email@example.com. Please include three links to projects that you've edited or worked on recently.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6pp18-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.