Warner Media seeks a Senior Systems Engineer for the Advanced Systems Group, Live Production. Production Technology is WarnerMedia's engineering function that delivers broadcast technology services to all of our brands, manages broadcast and studio technology investments for our US networks, and provides international engineering for our news networks. In addition, Production Technology supports WarnerMedia's file based production workflows for Entertainment, News, and Sports from content creation to distribution.
• The Senior Systems Engineer position requires in depth knowledge and expertise in both the traditional broadcast systems and the advanced IT systems required to support both linear and non-linear playout.
• This position will be expected to take the lead on large and complex projects and also act as subject matter expert and resource for the tier 1 and tier 2 support teams as required.
• This position is required to have an advanced understanding of live production workflows for sports, entertainment and news.
• The Senior Systems Engineer will be expected to perform system design, quotation and implementation including specification of all equipment and materials required, preparation of a bill of materials and the submission of cost estimates and justification to the senior leadership team.
• Once a project is approved to progress the Senior Systems Engineer will oversee the integration of the new system and in most cases be responsible for the configuration of all components.
• The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing system overviews and training therefore excellent communication skills are a must.
• While this role is Monday through Friday based some unsocial hours and on call working will be required.
• The Senior Systems Engineer requires significant knowledge of the following:
• New broadcast IP standards including SMPTE2110, NMOS, PTP (SMPTE 2059-2) and others
• SD (SMPTE259) and HD (SMPTE292M) video
• Cloud Computing standards and practices
• Broadcast Automation and Archive Management systems
• Transcode and workflow management platforms
• Compute platforms
• System virtualization
• High performance LANs and WANs
• SANs, NAS and other high capacity storage solutions
• Scripting languages including JS, PHP, Python, C# etc.
• Knowledge of IP network architectures and protocols is desired
• This position requires a Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, electrical/electronic engineering or related discipline.
• An Associate degree with equivalent experience will be considered.
• Applicants should have a minimum of eight years of experience in Broadcast television projects and/or maintenance or eight to ten years of experience in advanced (tier 3) IT support/systems design.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mqve-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.