Delivering first-in-class content in the best and most engaging ways possible while equipping our people to do so requires an incredible amount of talent… and technology. The technology and operations group covers things like the company's data strategy, content delivery systems, master control operations, broadcast engineering, advertising technology, and the technology platform for HBO Max, while also supporting the everyday underpinnings of our company. Join our community of extraordinary team members who are truly building the tools that will run the future of entertainment.
WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Software Engineer for the MSC - Media Software Engineer department.The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at WarnerMedia enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to all WarnerMedia affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of WarnerMedia's innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
WarnerMedia is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. In addition to a solid technical foundation, the successful candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Work with a team of highly motivated developers to effectively implement solutions and deliver production quality applications that are highly supportable and maintainable
• Overall responsibility for design, code quality, and deployments
• Mentor junior engineers
• Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to external and internal teams comprised of both a business and technical audience
• 5+ years of an established track record implementing large-scale, high-quality software applications
• Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
• Responsible for code/peer reviews and mentoring team members
• Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues in a distributed environment
• Ability to fit into an agile development environment and create a positive influence
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
• Experience designing and implementing a microservice architecture using event driven architecture and REST APIs
• Extensive hands-on experience developing Java 8 based Spring Boot applications
• Experience with Oracle or similar RDMS with solid knowledge in ANSI SQL
• Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Couch, DynamoDB
• Expertise in implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS using Lambda, EC2, SNS/SQS, etc…
• Additional languages Node.js, Python, GOLang, C#, Rust or equivalent a plus
• Experience deploying and supporting containerized applications on AWS
• Knowledge of behavior-driven design and/or test driven design and design patterns
• Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools similar to Jenkins , Bamboo and GIT.
• Experience with Terraform ( Docker, Kubernetes, or rkt is a plus)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj7k9-44-192-54-67-42 in your application.