WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
As an Android engineer on our mobile team, you'll work remotely from your home, or from our famed Chicago studio, to maintain the Android platform version of our current UE4 mobile title.
As a member of our senior engineering group, you'll be helping our team establish and maintain excellent coding standards, style and philosophy. You'll use your industry experience to take ownership of your domain and lead by example, contributing to our team's culture of growth and self-improvement.
• Integrating third-party libraries and frameworks into UE4's systems for the Android platform.
• Implementing Android-specific functionality and exposing it to cross-platform systems.
• Tracking down device-specific issues in cross-platform code.
• Providing guidance during the submission process, and offering advice based on experience working with Google's process and requirements.
• Fluency and experience in Java and the Android JNI
• Fluency and experience in the C++ language
• Experience working on a platform-independent interface for a gameplay or engine feature, and its platform-specific implementation
• Thorough knowledge and comfort with object-oriented programming concepts
• Basic knowledge of commonly used design patterns.
• Familiarity with version control (Perforce, Git, etc.)
• Great communication skills, especially through remote-oriented tools like Slack or Zoom
The Nice to Haves
• Professional experience with UnrealEngine4
• Experience working on mobile games or apps
• Experience integrating a third-party library into a mobile app
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1b1oy-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.