Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
CNN Underscored is looking for a digital media talent to run our brand's organic social media efforts. The right candidate has experience leveraging social media to grow, engage, and communicate with audiences across platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. We're looking for someone who will take our social media efforts to the next level with effective storytelling and engagement tactics that will attract new followers as well as resonate with our existing social community. The Sr. Section Editor will oversee a team of three social strategists, be comfortable with developing, executing and speaking to high-level team strategy, and be able to confidently report results to leadership.
This is a key position at Underscored, CNN's Reviews and Recommendations section, reporting to the Vice President, Commerce, Underscored. Our ideal candidate has an impressive track record of growing engaged social audiences for national brands or media outlets and a keen understanding of how to balance data insights and editorial instincts to build relationships and authentically communicate with Underscored followers. Previous experience with on-platform social commerce a huge plus.
• Ownership of Underscored's social platforms, both high-level strategy and daily publishing decisions aimed at growing followers, engagement, click-thru and revenue.
• Manage a team of social strategists and help them develop as social media professionals
• Work closely with the editorial, design and video production teams to develop new social-first editorial franchises and brand initiatives that help communicate Underscored's value proposition and differentiate us in the social landscape.
• Collaborate with our business development team to launch and manage our social commerce efforts
• Track, measure and report social performance metrics and present insights and best practices to leadership
• At least 7 years' experience managing organic social channels for a national brand or publisher
• Deep experience growing audiences and engagement for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and TikTok.
• Experience leveraging social platforms for e-commerce a huge plus
• Must be familiar with social media publishing tools
• Flawless grammar & spelling
• Must have sharp analytical skills
• Strong creative and writing skills
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp590x-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.