We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst with a strong passion and energy for testing and improving software quality for our application development. The QA Analyst's primary role is to ensure that software is appropriately verified and validated; this includes test planning, creation of test environment and test data, as well as executing test cases.
What you'll do
• Work closely with other Testers, Software Developers, UX Designers and Project Management teams to provide software testing for our applications
• Solid technical and problem-solving skills
• Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Participate in all stages of software development to identify and report system malfunctions to meet quality standards
• Exercise good judgement based on independent and analytical thinking
• Provide application demos to project team as required to outline application functionality
• Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Provide support to junior testers as required to support testing activities
• Estimate and prioritize daily testing activities together with QA leads
• Identify, record, document, and track bugs
• Perform functional, regression, and systems integration testing for media workflows
• Pro-actively seeks continuous improvements in test coverage, execution, and automation
• Provide effective communication regarding the status of software under test
• Strong ability to learn and grow professionally
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
• Other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table
• Strong and deep expertise in a formal QA role
• Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies, tools, and processes
• Proven experience with best testing practices.
• Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive defect reports and test cases
• Hands-on experience with Postman, Charles Proxy, or other related tools
• Self-starter, goal-oriented, able to handle conflicting priorities
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in Agile/Scrum development process
• Familiar with TestRail test management software or equivalent
• Working knowledge of Python or other scripting tools would be considered an asset.
• Flexible work hours to accommodate out of region developers and project needs.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering related subject or equivalent and practical experience
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
• Experience with big screen apps testing including set top boxes and Smart TVs
• Experience within OTT streaming and media domain
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxmep-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.