WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
Data products will become a key focus of our product organization and we are looking for a Senior Product Manager, Data to envision, design, and establish this as a core part of our business. This person will work on analytics projects across a wide variety of domains, using their analytical skills to drive data products and insights to better understand our customers and prospects, increase efficiency, and inform strategic decision-making. They will be responsible for delivering impactful company and product diagnostics for the broader B/R organization. While this is a technical role that requires a strong data background, it also requires the ability to build strong partnerships with data scientists, data engineers and a wide variety of B/R teams across the business. As the data product team is small but has a wide reach, this person will thrive in ambiguous situations and must be very comfortable leading through influence rather than authority.
1. Core Product Skills
• Shape and own the product vision and roadmap for a mission-driven, cross-functional, agile team of data scientists, data engineers and BI analysts
• Identify and assess opportunities to unlock business value through improvements to the data we collect
• Build the product backlog and prioritize it based on business value. We expect backlogs for data teams include (data science) research questions, data analyses, visualization, model building to infrastructure and data engineering tasks, alongside user stories for infrastructure and engineering work
• Understand how data moves through the system, is transformed, stored, visualized, and finally enriched through machine learning algorithms. Plus points for being able to code and query databases
• Collaborate on how the value of data can be unlocked, how it is and can be used how user insights are used. User research should be conducted (with UX team where appropriate) to ensure that users can act on the insights generated
3. Business Process
• Identify and communicate the business relevance of any form of data from any business unit, as well as have the analytical skills to figure out where the most reliable sources of truth lies
• Understand who maintains and owns certain data as well as how Data Governance is managed
• Be able to collaborate on access rules to ensure the team and consumers of the product can get access to required data
• Strong analytical mindset and thrives working with KPIs
• Speaks the language of engineers and is comfortable engaging in high-level technical discussions
• Ability to explain technical topics to a non-technical audience and business topics to a technical audience
• Previous experience developing complex internal tools
• Comfortable serving as the point of contact for senior and international stakeholders
• Proficiency with agile methodologies like Scrum & Kanban
• Outstanding communication skills in English, both oral and written
• A data-driven mindset
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9nmm-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.