Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Senior Engineer – CNN Android Mobile Engineering
We are searching for a Senior Level Android Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team. He/she is an individual contributor, self-directed, able to work with minimal supervision, and is typically expected to take on the most difficult technical challenges. The Senior Engineer will contribute to the technical direction, supporting the Principal Engineers/Architects in defining the technology strategy and implementation. He/she will provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced developers. We need our engineers to be versatile and always eager to tackle new problems while working in a fun, collaborative and fast-paced environment.
The Android Mobile Senior Engineer contributes to mobile tech. strategy, architecture, best practices, and choice of tools and technology stack across Android app platforms, supporting mobile backend APIs, mobile CI/CD tools, and testing automation. He/she ensures technical execution and release of CNN's mobile apps to end consumers. He/she partners with Product, Design and Delivery Leaders to help teams deliver on product initiatives and operational execution.
• Architect and build intuitive, simple and elegantly designed mobile apps that people want to use
• Provide support and development of software tools and procedures to extend and enhance the core production pipeline
• Work with multiple departments, including Product, Design, Delivery, Editorial and Engineering to implement CNN Digital consumer experience solutions and apps
• Assist with troubleshooting production problems, root cause analysis, and debugging
• Development and maintenance of existing production systems supporting CNN's digital ecosystem
• Mentor more junior developers
• Ensure software development follows industry best practices, policies and guidelines. Specifically, ensuring that technical solutions are in line with established CNN Digital strategy, standards in respect to architecture, security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, logging, unit test, and service enablement
• BS/MS in computer science (or equivalent)
• Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise
• Minimum 5 years professional development environment
• Strong foundation in programming fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
• Ability to develop new and innovative applications as well as maintaining existing code
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
• Experience building flexible software architecture to accommodate shifting business needs
• Demonstrated full-mobile stack development experience (mobile native client and SDK, build CI/CD, and APIs), e.g. Java/Kotlin, Jetpack, Android SDK, Fastlane.
• Interest in working with the latest Android technology, including Jetpack Compose, Coroutines, and Room
• Interest in build optimization and maintenance of a large scale mobile application
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of software development methodologies, practice, and architecture, specifically experience architecting performant, scalable, secure, and cost optimized cloud solutions on AWS. AWS Professional Certification preferred, but not required
• Hands-on experience with mobile DevOps CI/CD tools and implementing best practices, including automation of code signing tools and automated tests. Preferred familiarity with Jenkins, Git, Maven/Gradle, Terraform, and Appium
• General familiarity with database technologies (SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL, GraphDB, etc.)
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9e1b4-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.