Product Manager - Content & Digital Asset Management Applications
WarnerMedia's Consumer Digital & Platforms, Business to Business team is looking for a Senior Manager Software Engineering with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions to real world challenges, deliver the best end-user experience to our business partners, and manage a small team of engineers.
• This role includes the candidate splitting their time between managing the team and writing code.
• Integrate disparate web services and develop orchestrations to enhance our products and improve the user experience.
• Lead, guide, and grow an amazing team of engineers that design, build, implement, and manage the engineering platforms that are used by other businesses that interact with WarnerMedia and those used by employees internally.
• Partner with Product and Program counterparts to scope, plan and estimate new feature work and platform investment initiatives. Collaborate with your leads to identify appropriate system architecture, features, solutions, timelines and budgets for new projects
• Craft, own, and manage engineering roadmap and strategy for your teams.
• Architect and create resilient and scalable systems with an eye towards reducing mean time to recovery in failure scenarios, bringing the best streaming experience to our customers all while ensuring key product feature goals are accomplished
• Design and build security into our systems and infrastructure to avert disruption and maintain uptime
• Lead and champion best practices and uphold a culture that is committed to quality, test driven development and repeatable processes through automation and infrastructure as code, influencing not only our team, but also engineering teams across the organization
• Review and evaluate emerging technologies and influence our technology stack, strategic approach, and engineering roadmap
• Provide technical leadership to fellow technical leaders and developers in a cross-functional way to engage and deliver on both project and enterprise level initiatives
• Work with QA teams to ensure applications are properly tested prior to being released
• Effectively communicate complicated system architecture concepts and business value in a way your target audience will understand the basics
• 8+ years of experience building and supporting dynamic web applications. Ideally using Ruby on Rails (if you have experience with another Ruby framework or another language other than Ruby, we are still interested in hearing from you).
• 3+ years of experience as a people manager in a product development or software development organization and operations
• 3+ years of experience designing, delivering and operating in a cloud environment with broad exposure to AWS architecture, networking, cloud security practices and automated build pipelines
• 3+ years of API development experience. Not only development and management of APIs but a track record of integrating third party APIs. Google/YouTube specific API experience is a big plus.
• Experience deploying and supporting containerized applications.
• Experience implementing automated testing platforms, unit tests, integrated tests, etc.
• Understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, TDD, XP) and continuous improvement through measurement.
• Knowledge of standard source code management and build tools such as Jira, Git, GitHub Actions and Jenkins.
• Comfortable working with databases, schema design and have a practical understanding of SQL / NoSQL database technology. We're not looking for DBA's but you should be able to work comfortably with databases.
• Experience with OO / functional development languages such as C#, Java, Scala, Python, Go, Erlang a plus.
• Good Understanding how the Web ''works''. Basic things like standard browser features, browser privacy policies, client/server interaction and client-side scripting should be very familiar.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6n390-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.