Primary Purpose of Position:
• Senior Manager, Retail & Trade Marketing of China is responsible for developing and defining the Retail Marketing tactics plans for all China licensees' activities and initiatives that will be used to drive and support revenue within the financial year. This is inclusive of both consumer and trade tactics across in-store and on-line activations, catalogue, signage, publicity, consumer promotions, advertising, social media and online support across all categories/brands in the WBCP portfolio in alignment with the Executive Director.
• Prepare high quality presentations and present compelling products / retail / marketing campaigns to all partners (retailers and licensees)
• Steward the CHINA Consumer Products (CP) Franchise management plans including interfacing with Global/Burbank CP Franchise management as well as WM CHINA franchise teams from other divisions. This includes representing WBCP CHINA on all brand calls, being the conduit for any updates – to the CP global team - on key local licensee activations as well as managing requests from both the Burbank Franchise team (to our Category Manager's) and our local team requests (to Burbank Franchise).
• Create and develop powerful Retail & Trade Marketing programs. Align with category managers and key licensee partners to plan & calendarize high impact revenue driving consumer Retail programs for both online and offline channels. Plan and work within agreed budgets set by Executive Director. Justify programs based on benefits and expected return on investment.
• Develop with Executive Director specific retail objectives, plans and budgets on all priority properties
• Develops sales materials and presentations on all brands, including Movie/TV Schedules, NPD data, Digital & Brand news & Global product inspiration to support Category Managers
• Work with Ecommerce Manager, Creative and TP partner to plan & coordinate all cross-category E-retail campaigns 6-12 months in advance (Including WB E-shop front page designing, Ecommerce content development & distribution for social media, Consumer Promotions, PR, Licensee Marketing Support…etc)
• Work with Ecommerce Manager, Category Managers and TP partner to plan and execute strategy for local major social platforms in China, e.g. Redbook/Weibo/Tiktok/Douban/Dewu/Bilibili etc. to promote cross-category products. Responsible for reviewing / auditing content that generated posts/articles in the above social media platforms. Collaborate with selected KOL/KOC on live streaming from promotion plan to execution.
• Manage the Ad/Pub yearly budget & and review with Executive Director every quarter. Work with Finance team to raise PO's & invoices
• Distribute brand news/communications materials to external partners (licensees, retailers) as well as internal partners (WBCP Burbank; Public Relations; etc.) as needed.
• Develop in conjunction with WBCP's Digital Agency in Burbank, effective and efficient social media plans that will drive WBCP product awareness and sales locally
• Manage WBCP presence, content, and timing on WM China social channels and platforms. Manage licensee PR/Influencer requests from Category Managers & coordinate with WBCP PR & Franchise Burbank to ensure consistent & correct WB messaging.
• Responds in a timely manner to all Burbank WBCP Franchise Marketing requests.
• Work with other Warner Bros. CHINA Divisions to identify and execute property synergistic opportunities.
• Complete additional projects as assigned.
• Minimum 8 years' experience required in marketing, sales and event planning.
• Experience in licensing industry is preferred.
• Familiar with Alibaba Tmall platform marketing tools, e.g. brand zone/direct subway/recommend search, consumer data selection, investment direction and ROI, is plus.
• Experienced presenter, negotiator and influencer
• Leadership and/or management experience required
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent desirable
• Strong work ethic
• Experience creating and presenting sales presentations to licensees and retailers
• High degree of integrity and strong team-building personality
• Ability to work in a small team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with personnel internally and at all levels of retail, licensee and synergy organizations; Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
• Must be a results-oriented, self-starter and have an ability to work without supervision.
• Not easily discouraged; doesn't take no for an answer; thinks creatively about how to meet customers' needs
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work effectively.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Must demonstrate flexibility and effectiveness when faced with changing schedules or priorities.
• Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint required
• Must have demonstrated experience with Social Media and PR activations
• Must have strong oral & written communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must have strong follow up skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29ee6-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.