PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As part of the Singapore based Finance Business Partnering team, this role will be reporting to the Vice President, Finance – INSEAK (India, South East Asia, Korea) and in charge of actual closing, management reporting, planning, forecasting, risk & opportunities, variance analysis, and supporting the finance integration process across WarnerMedia in INSEAK, and all related activities customary to the role. In addition, this role will manage the Business Analyst & Decision Support role to drive business & strategic initiatives in support of key business stakeholders.
• Financial Planning & Analysis
• Actively involved in liaising with senior management and INSEAK finance team members in annual budget / Long Range Planning, Monthly Forecasting, and R&O
• Own and manage the INSEAK and Corporate deliverables (FC ledgers / R&O / IBR / Presentation decks / variances / etc.)
• Plan and coordinate in accordance with Corporate timelines to define and manage INSEAK timelines
• Ensure LRP & Forecast data uploaded to PeopleSoft / Hyperion system properly and accurately
• To perform forecast variance analysis and make necessary forecast adjustment after liaising with INSEAK VP, Finance and Senior Management
• Management reporting
• Provide templates and review monthly actuals package from INSEAK finance teams to ensure accuracy, business rationales, and compliance with policy and regulations.
• Perform variance analysis schedules as required by Corporate and Senior Management
• Review actual spending against forecast/ budget and follow-up on significant variances
• Business analysis and decision support
• Manage Business Analyst & Decision Support role working closely with Business Development & Operations team
• Support key business stakeholders on special projects and strategic initiatives.
• Preparation of presentation decks, business cases, and financial modeling
• Support integration of the finance function across WarnerMedia (legacy Turner / HBO / Warner Bros.) in the INSEAK region.
• Manage system uploads, enhancements, and improvement projects.
• Drive overall INSEAK Finance process improvement & streamlining projects.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and duties as required, including business cases and new projects.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABLILITY
• Direct: FP&A duties, management reporting, systems, timelines and processes
• Oversee: INSEAK business and corporate deliverables coordinating with finance team members and senior management, in addition to the business analysis and decision support function.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related business field.
• Professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA etc.) is a plus.
• 5+ years professional experience in a finance or related business role within the media and entertainment industry.
• Experience working for an MNC in Asia.
• Strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft, SAP, Excel, and Hyperion with proficiency in query functions, spreadsheet and database applications.
• Fluent in English and a second language
• Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills, sensitive to numbers and be able to read behind the numbers.
• Ability to multi-task within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
• Cultural sensitivity and global awareness.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to influence change and drive results in a collaborative manner
• Strong knowledge of media and entertainment industry
• Eager to learn and adaptable to changing environment