PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Senior Manager, Content Business Affairs handles and oversees all business matters pertaining to the acquisition, development and production of original programming for Warner Media's Asia business, including the structuring, negotiation and documentation of all deals.
• Conduct research on markets, trends, platforms and competitors, and identify business opportunities with growth potential, including but not limited to partnerships and investments, channel/platform launches, digital media, IP acquisitions, etc.
• Develop business plans to include strategic action plan and financial modeling; prepare cohesive and concise investment/budget memos, monthly reports and presentations for senior management team.
• Work closely with internal legal, finance, business development, content and country teams in developing business and strategic plans.
• Handle all business matters pertaining to acquisition, development and production of original programming for WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks Asia, including the structuring, negotiation and documentation of all deals and rights.
• Providing advice, and counsel to senior management on business and commercial matters, e.g. structure of deals such as license fee deals, co-production deals, government funding opportunities, acquisition of underlying rights, agreements with producers, directors, writers and other individuals and entities associated with the development and production of original programming, financing and distribution arrangements.
• Investigation of customary practices and policy in the industry related to programming content and distribution methods.
• Preparation of deal memos and other correspondence confirming agreements and review of long form agreements.
• Review and confirmation of production budgets to ensure compliance with general business policies and terms of particular agreements.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE ROLE:
• Structuring, negotiating, documenting and managing of the WarnerMedia's original production transactions to engage above-the-line talent (writers, producers and directors) and acquire underlying rights with respect to live action/animated scripted series/movies as well as licensed/co-produced scripted programming.
• Establish and maintain internal and external stakeholders' relationships with regular, effective and timely communications concerning deal negotiation and business strategy.
• Maintaining budgetary oversight of all content expenses and ensure that they are in line with annual projections as well as aligned to business needs productions in partnership with Content Acquisition, Production and Finance executives to ensure that the creative vision for scripted productions is accomplished within appropriate legal, financial and business guidelines.
• Seek out and develop co-funding opportunities for original programming projects.
• Liaise with governmental bodies and apply for relevant production subsidies to lower internal costs
• Collaborate with the legal team to get long-form agreements signed on a timely basis. Preparation of deal memos and other correspondence confirming agreements and review of long form agreements regarding same.
• Work with production team on tracking of contractual options for properties and talent, payments, and deal summaries.
• Follow ''best practices'' and contribute toward improving deal parameters, deal memo templates, departmental process and procedures, as well as great ideas and creative problem solving on deals and projects.
• General troubleshooting on assigned projects.
• Minimum 6+ years in television/ streaming / studio / production business affairs or comparable role.
• Bachelor's degree in business, law, finance or related field
• Demonstrated familiarity with contract drafting and review for legal, finance and compliance issues
• Exceptional negotiating skills, first class communication skills (written and verbal), and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to speak a second language
• Strong ability to work independently, proactively and reliably under tight timeframes
• Ability to understand complex contracts, financial skills, and experience managing budgets.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Candidates must have experience in working with management at a senior level
• Contribute positively as a collaborative member of a team, with a strong commitment to learning and excellence.
• Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment with a keen attention to detail.
• Familiarity with content commissioning/production/streaming deals strongly preferred.
• Proficient in MS tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y0z8-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.