The organisation also includes Xandr's suite of advanced advertising solutions designed to help to improve advertising for brands, publishers, and consumers.
HBO Europe is a wholly-owned subsidiary of HBO Inc., a division of Warner Media. HBO Europe
operates across 20 European territories in Central Europe, Scandinavia, and Spain.
WarnerMedia is seeking an experienced French-qualified media lawyer to focus on the original programming activities of the HBO Europe business in France. This is an incredible opportunity to work closely with the HBO original programming team to ensure first-class legal and business affairs support. Reporting directly to the Vice President Legal and Business Affairs, this role will provide knowledge and experience of the French television production industry.
• Negotiation, drafting and review of underlying rights and development contracts
• Negotiating and drafting production commissioning agreements
• Negotiation, drafting, and review of a variety of agreements related to day-to-day production work, including agreements for the services of directors, actors, crew, locations, facilities, and suppliers
• Advice on French industry television production practices generally and matters relating to CSA, CNC, Co-production treaties, etc.
• Review, guidance, and negotiation with relevant unions relating to the services of actors, creators, writers, and crew in the region, including a detailed understanding of the relevant collective agreements
• Clearance work, including scripts and completed programmes and advising on the clearance of intellectual property included in programmes
• Familiarization with and providing advice on TRIP, Compte de Soutien and other subsidies, tax rebates, and incentives available in France
• Assisting with the assessment of potential production partners
• Reviewing and assessing final delivery of productions from a legal/contract point of view
• Organising retention of contracts and information relating to the production work, sharing relevant data with the wider WarnerMedia teams, logging data on databases, etc.
• University Degree in Law
• Ability to work in both English and French
• High-level expertise in television commissioning and/or production
• Hands-on experience of the types of contracts and agreements handled in the role
• Media sector experience gained in-house and/or in a media-focused law firm
• Track record of working successfully with senior production and creative staff
• Relevant international experience
• In-house experience with a major studio, broadcaster, or production company is highly desirable, but otherwise, ''frontline'' television production experience with a law firm would be considered
• Ability to review budgets and other financial documentation
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of colour, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw97bk-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.