WB Technology combines Warner Bros.' industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio's enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
Purpose of the Role:
This infrastructure engineer acts as a key resource of the infrastructure team and is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of the technical infrastructure (networks, servers, storage, and cloud computing) used by WarnerMedia offices/bureaus in the Asia Pacific Region./
This role oversees and manages the hybrid backend infrastructure environments in APAC. Proactively plans, designs, builds, organises, monitors, and improves the production, staging, and development environment of the Infrastructure Managed Services, Media Technology Services, and Application teams within the WMTO Production Engineering department.
Hands-on Infrastructure Support (60%)
• Manage Physical/Virtual/cloud servers: install, configure, and maintain Microsoft, UNIX/Linux, Macintosh servers.
• Maintain and support the Media Storage Area Network and Backup System: configure and maintain a centralized storage service. Also providing backup and restorative services to critical systems in the event of an emergency.
• Maintain and support media data network and relevant corporate telephony services: Maintain and support voice network services: to include providing voice trunks, PBX, and audio/video conferencing equipment. This includes LAN/WAN connectivity, internet access, A/V conferencing, and PBX backend services.
• Maintain and support the Media Data Center/office: provide data center/office management and perform operational tasks to ensure all equipment is in a safe and stable environment. Also providing emergency support as the onsite contact for vendors and other technical groups.
• Perform media system monitoring and tuning, software configuration, performance and capacity planning, installation of system patches, data backup administration, system sizing and configuration, data archiving, and other maintenance tasks to ensure near-100% availability of production systems.
• Manage and administer databases (MS SQL/Oracle): perform basic database admin functions including the development of database views/reports that provide relevant data to interested parties.
• Security Management: monitor media systems and network security to protect the Media Services systems and networks from internal and external threats through the deployment of security patches and policies to both servers and storage systems.
• Perform infrastructure administration tasks such as access and permission management
• Collaborate with subject-matter experts for critical and/or complex problems to accurately and effectively determine and execute the best solutions and to ensure corporate standards are followed. Test proposed solutions as possible before implementing to ensure compatibility and stability within the environment before deployment.
• Record critical information in the internal tracking application (Service Now)
• Based on an understanding of hardware, software, and peripheral technology, and on analysis and evaluation of the technical problem, determine a suitable course of action and implement an acceptable solution. Accurately report and track requests for services through to completion including proper change control documentation and follow up communication with the customer.
Project Management (10%)
• Liaise with media operations/business units and other technology groups in order to conduct needs-analysis and requirements gathering for proposed projects.
• Perform project costing, cost comparison/analysis, and create basic project plans.
• Supervise and track the progress of ongoing initiatives and alert management when progress deviates from expected levels.
Process and Policy Documentation (10%)
• Create and share documentation regarding media workflow diagrams, processes, policies, network topology, and other relevant information to be used for training purposes, audits, business continuity planning and general information dissemination to team members, other technical groups, and external parties.
• Review documents prepared by relevant personnel to ensure accuracy and quality.
• Establish and document appropriate operational parameters for production systems that can be used for monitoring.
Audit, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery Activities (10%)
• Act as coordinator and take a lead role in audit and business continuity exercises.
• Work with corporate / media entities to ensure that policies and procedures have been correctly implemented, followed, and documented.
• Facilitate auditor requests and provide documentation as necessary.
• Keep the DR handbook and other related documents current.
• Devise and supervise disaster recovery testing for business-critical systems.
Vendor point of contact, support and maintenance (10%)
• Provide support for media software/hardware problem determination, co-coordinating with suppliers/vendors/service providers where necessary, ensuring that all problems are avoided or resolved.
• Also ensure that all internal or external driven changes are planned, documented, implemented and tested, with special emphasis on the reliability, efficiency and security of the production systems.
• Follow the established procurement process and ensure licenses and maintenance contracts are renewed in a timely manner.
Areas of Responsibility:
Media Engineering Support of Media Supply Chain, including but not limited to Core infrastructure, business application Systems, content exchange System and POST Compute Systems Local office consists of 300+ people, visibility of this role involves regular meetings with the members of various team heads along with customers from the business. The operational and engineering staff deal with users requests per week originating from Singapore and other offices when full-time and non-employee staff numbers are combined. Tickets logged are handled within the team according to the SLA.
Solid hands-on experience on Windows Server, AD, SQL Server, DHCP, DNS, GPO, Data Backup for disaster recovery. Experience in supporting File & Print server, Citrix, VMware, VDI, RDS. Experience to support the operations for the physical/virtual data center and Virtual Server farm, maximize performance and stability and minimize hardware usage. Ability to maintain a standard environment that can be centrally managed. Experience in load balancing and firewall technologies (Cisco/Palo Alto), Media systems and server monitoring and tuning to optimize performance. Adherence to change control and security procedures. Tuning to optimize performance. Experience in Microsoft Windows Server family as well as Red Hat Linux server operations and patching process preferably with automation tools. Experience in infrastructure integration, hyper-converged technologies, storage installation, upgrade, administration and troubleshooting. Experience in cloud infrastructure solutions like AWS, Azure and Google Cloud on media services. Ability to work with vendors for deployment and troubleshooting of media systems and storage.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ekz6-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.