Global Business Services (GBS) is Warner Bros.' global shared services accounting function. GBS serves to provide efficient and scalable global finance and accounting services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies. We are looking for a confident, flexible, and proactive team player to join our Global Theatrical Distribution Accounting team.
This Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Manager, GBS and plays a key role in the day-to-day general accounting activities, preparation of variance explanations and deliverables, as well as presentations to executives.
• Provide support for month end close activities including: trial balance review, journal entry postings, and other related GL account analysis.
• Perform variance analysis on results comparing actual theatrical operating performance to forecast / ultimate. Analysis is presented monthly to Business Unit finance, sales, and marketing executives.
• Lead meetings with Business Unit, Territory finance teams, and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) team, both during and after close to review and understand theatrical performance and GL close status.
• Prepare and review trial balances of multiple legal entities on a quarterly basis, and explain significant / irregular balances. This analysis is presented quarterly to GBS executives.
• Analyze and approve actual results for the quarter / month / year end closing process.
• Manage and guide offshore BPO teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of GL activity.
• Identify, recommend, and implement global theatrical process improvements to drive efficiencies in the organization.
• Foreign currency exchange rate gain / loss analysis.
• Research US GAAP as it relates to significant matters and provide accounting guidance to ensure proper compliance.
• Review account reconciliations prepared by BPO team and ensure resolution of aged items.
• Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley cycle documentation, audit testing, identify areas of control risk and design and recommend mitigating control procedures.
• Work closely with internal auditors and external E&Y auditors as needed.
• Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis as determined by internal management.
• Assist in the enhancement/system testing to support the day to day transactions of GL Management and to improve financial operations.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 3-5 years experience working in accounting or related financial area
• Proficient in Windows, Excel, and Word.
• Embrace and thrive during change
• Ability to coach others and deliver feedback
• Manage intermediate-level processes and projects with minimal input from others
• Manage multiple deliverables under tight deadlines
• Communicate effectively and tactfully with internal and external persons at all levels.
• Previous ''Big 4'' accounting experience
• SAP knowledge
• CPA or MBA.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8jp6-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.