The Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) oversees and grows the entire portfolio of WarnerMedia television businesses, including worldwide production, traditional and digital distribution, and broadcasting.
WBTVG divisions produce live-action dramas and comedies, animated series, and unscripted & alternative programming for traditional broadcast networks, cable channels and the first-run syndication marketplace, as well as for subscription/on-demand platforms and digital media outlets.
Global Business Services (GBS) is WarnerMedia global shared services accounting team. The team serves to provide efficient and scalable global finance and accounting services to the WarnerMedia Group of Companies. We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support Television Group Finance and WB Animation. Candidate must be proactive, able to critically think and work independently.
Duties to include general ledger stewardship, month end closing and reporting, consolidation of actual results and preparation and review of all financial statements, by title reporting, footnotes and disclosures. Duties also include reconciliation ownership of production systems and feeds to/from SAP and working with the Service Delivery Center (Capgemini), Business Units and Consolidated Financial Reporting group in support of the closing process.
• Support day-to-day general accounting and reporting activities
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly deliverables: Balance Sheet, P&L, supplemental schedules & footnotes, government surveys and disclosures
• Manage and review Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider deliverables as needed; troubleshoot and provide guidance as needed
• Initiate process improvements and coach BPO team-members to streamline processes and develop presentation skills
• Responsible for all day-to-day activities such as preparation/review of miscellaneous invoices and timely collections on outstanding ones; cash clearing, account reconciliations, tax incentive receivable and cash collections; imputed interest, complete not release analysis and episodic data input, etc.
• Take ownership on Account Reconciliations and Standardization initiatives
• Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley and financial audit requests
• Facilitate meetings with management to develop executive presence
• Act as liaison for the GBS in connection with the Business Unit, FP&A, and Financial Operations organizations, retained Business Unit departments (sales, marketing, business affairs, etc.) and various WB Corporate departments (CFR, FPP, Tax, MIS, Treasury, Legal, Participations).
• Make recommendations on process improvements and standardization to gain greater efficiency and effectiveness within the finance organization.
• Other special projects as required.
• 3+ years previous work experience in an accounting or finance field.
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive, and self-sufficient
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person, via email or other digital format and on the telephone.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to multi-task projects simultaneously and able to prioritize.
• Must be able to adopt in a changing environment and quickly learn new concepts, solve problems, and implement solutions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Excel.
• Must be able to work reasonable overtime, if necessary.
• BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting required.
• Previous ''Big 4'' accounting experience preferred.
• Working in shared service and/or outsourcing environment a plus.
• Experience working with large amounts of data preferred.
• Experience with SAP is a plus.
• CPA or MBA preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11x7m-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.