Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Senior Financial Analyst – GBS for the EFS – Home Ent GL & R2R Acctg department.
The Senior Financial Analyst will plan and execute the day-to-day accounting activities and processes for Global Business Services (''GBS'') supporting Warner Bros. Home Entertainment for Global Games.
• Provide support for the monthly/quarterly close reporting deliverables to Corporate Financial Reporting Group, including Business Unit by-title submissions, P&L cause of change explanations, management reports, footnotes, disclosures, government surveys, and supplemental schedules.
• Manage the day to day general ledger activities. Duties include performing and overseeing the following: regular GL account reviews, inter-company and balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Ensure proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP.
• Responsible for ensuring timeliness and accuracy of overall monthly close activities and management of BPO activities including but not limited to: journal entries, ensuring proper posting of revenue, sales analysis, financial statements, accrual and deferral schedules, and trial balance review.
• Provide direction and guidance to the BPO organization in managing a tight close calendar to ensure all work is correct and completed on-time.
• Review account reconciliations prepared by BPO team and ensure resolution of aged items.
• Build, foster, and maintain good working relationships with members of Global Business Services and stakeholders .
• Identify, recommend and implement improvements to drive efficiencies in the organization .
• Prepare support for all applicable SOX documentation and compliance and for providing audit support to Ernst & Young auditors during quarterly and year-end audit reviews.
• Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis as determined by internal management.
• 3-5 years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public)
• Proficiency in a variety of systems: Windows Environment, Microsoft Excel required: high level Excel experience preferred (macros, pivot tables, lookup functions); Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as this is a high-visibility role that interacts with various departments, executives, and all levels of personnel across the organization.
• Prior experience in shared service environment a plus.
• Experience in month, quarter, and year-end close processes.
• 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Master's degree and / or CPA is preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp17px-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.