WarnerMedia seeks a Senior Director Financial Analysis – LATAM Line of Business for the Reporting & Decision Support Services department.
This leadership position is responsible for the Warner Media Sales & International (WMS&I) Latin America regional Line of Business function. As a key business partner this role serves as the point of contact for the regional CFO, providing support for accounting transactions, key business initiatives, new acquisitions, analysis and compliance activities. The role also serves as the liaison between the regional finance teams and Warner Media financial shared services organization (Financial Business Services ''FBS''). The role provides oversight for the review of the regional consolidated operating results, issues resolution and financial reporting packages. The role is also responsible for coordination of the cash flow forecast, budget and process support in conjunction with the regional finance teams.
This role is reports directly to the VP International Line of Business.
• Act as a single point of contact for the Latin America regional CFO on accounting, reporting and related matters.
• Support the integration of Turner and HBO processes and policies
• Serve as a liaison between the regional finance teams and FBS on complex and unusual accounting matters, for issue escalation and resolution, and for the communication of business or process changes.
• Integrate new business opportunities and implement business initiatives in a timely fashion, acting as liaison with other FBS teams, the regional finance teams, and, where appropriate, regional operating teams, to deliver results.
• Liaise with Warner Media's financial system support team to address reporting and system changes that will impact the regional planning and reporting activities, and regional operation teams.
• Partner with Treasury on funding, cash repatriation, netting and process optimization efforts
• Partner with AT&T Tax on country strategies and overall tax planning efforts
Accounting and Reporting:
• Act as advisor to the regional finance teams in determining the financial impact of GAAP accounting treatment for non-routine transactions. Provide leadership and guidance to the regional CFO's and finance teams when negotiating transactions to ensure awareness of the financial implications of potential deal structures.
• Ensure timely communication of accounting adjustments, and accounting policy changes to the finance teams.
• Ensure proper timing and application of revenue recognition and other accounting rules, specifically as relates to the co-ordination and access to information from finance or operational partners in support of technical accounting conclusions.
• Maintain integrity of the regional reporting hierarchies and chart field segments.
• Facilitate close related activities between the regional finance teams and the shared services accounting teams in FBS. Partner with the FBS accounting teams to understand the month-end results and ensure the completeness and accuracy of the regional month-end close. Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the results, identifying trends, significant transactions and variances to the monthly forecast.
• Facilitate monthly close meetings with the CFO and other regional finance leadership.
• Provide robust analysis of F/X performance and drivers and communicate insight to stakeholder into local macro-economic conditions and forecasts
• Provide value added ad-hoc financial reports and analysis as appropriate.
• Provide select information on balance sheet accounts and schedules to regional finance leadership as required.
• Drive process improvement initiatives and take a leadership role in implementing process and reporting changes required by the regional finance teams and the shared services organization.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
• Manage the consolidation and submission of the regional cash flow forecast and variance analysis to the regional CFO and the Consolidated Financial Reporting (CFR) team. Establish due dates and calendars for cash flow deliverables in partnership with the regional Finance and CFR teams.
• Prepare the consolidated regional cash flow actual results. Gather and compile information from various sources and perform meaningful business analysis to ensure accurate consolidated actuals reporting of the regional cash flow schedules and variances.
Leadership and Staff Development:
• Lead a team of 4 accounting professionals.
• Create a positive work environment that fosters team and individual performance.
• Facilitate ongoing dialogue and performance reviews providing measurable and timely feedback and implement corrective action as needed.
• Hold regular and recurring staff meetings to communicate changes to initiative, and ensure that staff are informed of company goals and objectives.
• Develop and maintain an efficient, effective and diverse staff through selection, training, supervision, counseling and measuring the performance of direct reports and staff members.
• Promote career development and rotation assignments to ensure individuals are exposed to all areas of accounting and finance as.
• Proactively promote an open, collaborative work.
• Ensure that all positions' duties, responsibilities and critical processes are well documented.
Education and Experience:
• CPA designation or equivalent.
• Fluent verbal and written English and Spanish.
• Minimum of 12 years relevant work experience with at least 7 years demonstrated experience in a leadership/management position.
• Experience working in a shared services environment with outsourced financial functions.
• Advanced knowledge of, and experience with, accounting principles and concepts, and financial analysis and reporting, including US GAAP and SOX experience.
• Experience of multi-site and multi-currency reporting.
• Diverse work experiences with cross functional teams.
• Strong technical computing skills. Proficient in all MS Office applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Experience with Hyperion and PeopleSoft is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
• Understanding of, and proficiency in, complex and technical accounting matters.
• Strong written, oral and presentation skills; an effective communicator at all levels of the organization with the ability to influence others.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the organization.
• Strong problem resolution skills, and a high degree of integrity, tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to develop strategic plans and make high level decisions.
• Results oriented with an ability to set clear goals and priorities and deliver timely, high quality services.
• Strong organizational skills, project/task management experience and cross-functional coordination skills.
• Change agent with strong collaboration skills.
Travel and Relocation:
• This position will require up to 25% travel, primarily to and across Latin America.
• Relocation will be offered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm11ox-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.