Assistant to Executive Producer
Mike OSullivan, Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Director, Current Programming, CNN Original Series works across CNN Original Series in production which includes pre-production through launch of a series. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Oversees creative and feedback (including noting cuts and creative outlines) of current series on behalf of the CNN Original Series team. Provides thoughtful, constructive and direct feedback on creative aspects of production. Must communicate effectively and efficiently.
• Overseeing other members of the current team to manage assets like episode descriptions and bonus content through delivery. Also overseeing collating and sending creative notes and feedback.
• Be the main point of contact between outside production companies creating content for CNN and the network. This will include constant interaction between the showrunners and outside production company executives.
• Individual is responsible for setting and attending weekly production calls and keeping the CNN team on schedule for delivery of notes, responses and feedback for producing partners.
• Liaison between outside production company producers and the CNN launch teams, including marketing, social, digital, PR and others. This entails communicating the scope of series internally.
• Will work with the CNN marketing and launch teams to strategizing creative and fresh ideas to help promote and launch series on air. This will include regular contact with PR, Research, Digital and Marketing.
• In addition, Individual will participate in meetings about the development slate and have opportunity to work on internal and external development projects, including giving creative feedback on projects in development.
• Seeks and maintains a current understanding of competitive networks and their programming slate. Continues to build a working knowledge of talent/production companies that can be sourced for programming by way of showcases, agents, managers and their client rosters.
• 8+ years non-scripted programming or programming
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and be successful in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• A 4-year college degree is a preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rox394-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.