As the Senior Database Administrator (DBA) you will collaborate with software application developers, security teams and other partners to drive on various initiatives while reporting to the manager of DevOps. You will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of the company databases while driving continuous improvement and best practices across the organization to ensure a solid AWS-based database solution set.
Day to Day
• Design, build, test, and maintain our AWS RDS infrastructure
• Create, maintain, and participate in active monitoring of said infrastructure
• Collaborate with engineering teams to streamline our database implementations
• Triage production issues in collaboration with engineering teams
• Participate in on-call rotations, project planning, code review, and technical design
• Review and isolate SQL bottlenecks
• Drive best practices around database management (schema changes, microservices development, security patching & revision maintenance)
• Design and evangelize DevOps processes for continuous improvements
• Strong AWS fundamentals
• Strong hands-on DBA experience in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with highly available (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) implementations for AWS RDS, primarily PostgreSQL.
• Working knowledge of installing, configuring, designing, patching, archiving and monitoring of DBs along with monitoring and performance understanding.
• Working knowledge of data encryption, PII management and related tools
• Experience in an Agile environment
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• AWS Security and remediation experience
• Experience with Snowflake preferred
• 5+ years' experience in a Leadership role
• 5+ years' experience as a DBA
• 3+ years' building and maintaining software systems with AWS, GCP, or Azure
• 3+ years' building experience maintaining AWS RDS
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once with strong analytical experience pair with the ability to evangelize best practices
• Scripting knowledge a plus (i.e. bash or python)
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent degree in related field or relevant experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9vpn-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.