Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Data Analyst, Market Research for the Global Insights and Analytics department.
Responsible for the preparation and reporting of global market research projects for all theatrical titles, with a focus on analyzing incoming data based on sample research, and sources derived from machine learning.
• Collaborate with data scientists at contracted vendors to receive and review data files.
• Ensure proper data weighting is in place to reflect sample consistency across tests conducted on our film slate.
• Develop models which spot key performance indicators, which can be applied to aiding early forecasting of the return on investment across our film slate.
• Design, build, and maintain normative databases on our film slate, and save core documents in our shared file system for easy access.
• Search for, and report, marketplace trends which may have bearing on our current and future business operations.
• Assist with the design and development of questionnaires (e.g. reviewing coding logic), and provide norms to establish benchmarks using internal historical databases.
• Take the totality of learnings and build visualizations to synthesize the information.
• Collaborate with other business units in the organization on broad-based research projects which may have applicability to our film slate.
• Transcribe focus groups feedback and read completed questionnaires to assist with analysis of key findings, which may be disseminated to production, filmmakers, marketing, and distribution personnel.
• Responsible for negotiating costs from research vendors on projects, and work with finance and internal accounting to ensure available funding. Receive work orders with sample specifications and costs for submission.
• Monitor consumer and critical feedback, including referencing online sources, as well as vendors maintaining panels and reviewing moviegoer club memberships, to see how findings from those outlets (e.g. audience composition) are similar or different from what was reported in research testing.
• Confer with management on the development of brand equity studies to better measure affinity for titles with ingoing familiarity thru a prior movie, TV show, book, game, news event, etc.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• 3-5 years employment with focused concentration on conducting, analyzing and reporting survey market research studies preferred, either at a full-service research supplier or in a market research department at a client company.
• Statistics, big data business analytics, engineering, computer science & technology experience preferred.
• Bachelors degree or higher in related field required, including Marketing, Marketing Research, Statistics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.
• Must have a strong foundation in both quantitative statistics and qualitative research.
• Must have proficiency with numbers and data processing programs (SPSS and/or PSPP)
• Must have understanding of API's (Application Programming Interface)
• Must have advanced Excel knowledge – specifically building and maintaining macros.
• Experience with reading and interpreting digital research analytics is preferred.
• Must have working knowledge of market research fundamentals and processes.
• Must have Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Must have strong writing skills and the ability to take data and put it into words in a manner that is easily understood.
• Must have strong oral communication skills and must be able to speak to the research by phone, within a conference room, etc.
• Must enjoy movies; have a passion for them!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yj80-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.