WarnerMedia Technology & Operations are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Data Intelligence and Reporting Analyst to join the Business Process Improvement and Change team.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to support data-driven insights in support of business process improvement project objectives, through effective development and application of data intelligence methodologies, data tools, and tracking/reporting protocols.
The role will be responsible for determining the type of data insights necessary to answer key business and/or operational questions in alignment with business priorities. Effective partnering with BPI and Change team members and key stakeholders to determine data analytical needs will be critical to success.
This role will work with complex data and disparate processes, and will need to be comfortable transforming raw data into actionable visual insights, as well as to provide recommendations on process improvements based on data results. The Analyst will also help to define KPI's necessary to manage the business effectively and work to gather business requirements and present to other reporting aspects of the company to ensure all groups work together to provide effective reporting solutions.
The candidiate will be a well-rounded, well-organized analytical thinker, with a solution driven eagerness to provide results and excellent design sense. Demonstrated strength in effective communication is also key, as stakeholders engaged will vary and include subject matter experts across various technical functions and business users. The ideal candidate loves data and pays close attention to details - caring about the quality of the input data as well as how the processed data is ultimately interpreted and used.
Data Analysis, Data Science and Continuous Improvement
• Perform data analysis activities on an array of reporting needs of varying size/length/risk – these will range from performance insights to business decisions
• Design, develop, and implement data models and dashboards using appropriate data mining and statistical tools to meet project objectives and ensure smooth handoff to target users
• As required, establish automated KPIs dashboards, reports, and predictive models to help teams make faster better decisions and to highlight and address performance needs
• In support of BPI & Change as directed, partner with the operations, product, data and business teams to answer high-priority strategic questions
• Support improvement in our operational models use of data-driven intelligence to highlight areas for improvement, or to support business decisions.
• Gather and document data workflows, data logic, and system functional requirements to adequately capture data needs across applicable operational workflows.
• Complete gap-analysis on new and existing workflows and processes as it pertains to data flow
• Identify how to provide efficiency and streamline new and existing business process through data application
• Provide process improvement recommendations to the business through gaining an understanding of the relevant workflows and by applying related data modeling to support conclusions
Stakeholder and Participant Engagement
• In support of BPI and Change priorities and projects, deliver effective data analytics and visualizations for project assessment, performance management, planning and requirements building purposes.
• Effectively prioritize ongoing projects according to BPI and Change ongoing priorities, and by understanding wider business goals and objectives
Delivery Management And Training
• For certain initiatives, manage the implementation of a project to its completion. This may involve project planning, reporting, risk and issue management, communications planning etc.
• Ensure the targeting goal has been communicated clearly to stakeholders and achieved
• Ensure new data views are achieving intended results, post implementation
• Develop and implement consistent business rules and concepts across various functions as a tool for implementing new products with stakeholders
• Train fellow employees on best practices for data visualization and help others be successful stewards of our tools. Transform the way our business users consume data and insights through highly usable and visually stunning data products and the understanding of how to read data and report on it.
• 5-7 years of relevant experience:
• Delivering business intelligence and dashboard solutions
• Expert in Tableau, Power BI and data visualization design
• Analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining and staging data
• Working with an Enterprise Data Warehouse and/or SQL Server databases
• Demonstrable skills building responsive data visualizations
• Working in an Agile development environment
• Research product and technical data in order to recommend products, technologies, and processes for ongoing projects
• Experience in creating reporting and data roadmaps and execution in a team environment
• Experience in using data to determine process improvement opportunities
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Supply Chain Management with relevant work experience required
• Master's Degree in Predictive Analytics or similar desired
• Proficient experience with programming and conducting analyses using data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R, SAS, etc.), or similar analytical languages.
• Advanced experience pulling and analyzing large and complex data sets (preferably using programmatic methodologies). Ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
• Proven ability to produce high quality data insights in a fast paced environment
• An expert who can tell a story with data, as well as visualize it with a variety of tools (Tableau, SAP BusinessObjects, Excel, etc)
• Strong background in data relationships, modeling and mining
• Experience working with non-structured databases and evolving data systems
• Providing expertise to data engineers on how to structure data to future proof data reporting solutions
• Ability to work on teams and to collaborate on reporting solutions
• Ability to train employees on how to pull reports and read data
• Ability to create executive level presentations summarizing business problems and improvements using data
• Familiarity with Six Sigma methodologies
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm111m-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.