Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Senior Counsel for the 2000-Studios & Networks department. Legal support to the Warner Bros. Unscripted and Scripted Television Business & Legal Affairs departments.
• Negotiates and drafts agreements relating to the development and production of original scripted and unscripted programming (e.g. above-the-line contracts, option and literary purchase agreements, format deals, production services agreements, assignments, releases, contingent compensation definitions, composer agreements, location agreements, etc.).
• Advise company and production personnel on all matters relating to the production and distribution of original content, including the licensing arrangements with traditional broadcast, cable television and SVOD licensees, as well as advising on co-production terms.
• Provide legal counsel in connection with production, distribution and marketing of such projects.
• Researches rights to exploit properties in various markets and media including opining on talent attachments.
• Advises on clearance matters and provides general production legal support.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Will be a dual report to the SVPs of Unscripted and Scripted Legal, Warner Bros. Television Group.
• JD Required. Top tier school preferred.
• Minimum of 3-8 years of practicing law with a national law firm, a major firm or television studio, or major online service or platform.
• Must have knowledge of law and legal environment of entertainment industry sufficient to draft and negotiate legal documents and counsel management on legal implications of their actions.
• Must be able to analyze, draft and negotiate contracts.
• Must be able to research legal questions and communicate responses effectively to all levels of corporate and production staff.
• Must be able to write in a well-organized, concise and precise manner.
• Must be able to supervise paralegal and clerical subordinates engaged in performance of legal-related tasks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ynn1-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.