We are seeking a Sr Content Analyst to join our Data Product and Insights team. This individual will execute a range of content analyses & reporting, building the insights that will be leveraged by a range of cross-functional teams to strategically grow CNN's digital presence. The Sr. Content Analyst should have a deep understanding of data infrastructure and content tagging and measurement, and first-hand experience tying together multiple data sources to drive strategic decision making.
Core areas of focus and outcomes include:
• Data Exploration. Leverage our internal data platforms to quantify and identify patterns in content impact, viewer journeys, and performance.
• Reporting/Dashboard Development. Develop and continuously improve content-oriented dashboards, with an eye toward the end business-user and their decision-making needs.
• Analytical problem-solving. The ability to break down quantitative findings into meaningful insights and develop recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.
This is a collaborative role that will work alongside engineers, analysts, and data scientists to impact cross-functional teams of product managers; revenue, content, and design strategists; consumer scientists; and audience researchers. You'll help make informed decisions faster by providing the tactical information necessary to better understand our users, content, and products.
• Partner closely with and serve as a data and analytics expert for optimizing content investment, development, and performance
• Participate in answering ad hoc project and data requests from various business units and organizations
• Design and build reports and/or dashboards that clearly communicate quantitative analyses of content consumption, metadata, and strategy
• Build clear documentation around ad hoc analyses, methodology, and data definitions for raw and munged data
• Collaborate with both the data intelligence organization and its technology partners to identify opportunities for new data products
• 5+ years' experience working as an analyst on cross-functional analytics teams, preferably within online direct-to-consumer (DTC) organizations
• 3+ years of data analyst or data science experience querying databases (SQL), leveraging a scripting language (R/Python) and/or visualization software to communicate insights to business stakeholders.
• Domain knowledge of the end-to-end consumer journey, including demonstrated ability to form questions and design supporting analysis
• A quick learner can work independently in a matrixed environment, adaptability and a strong self-teaching ethic
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile environment that can pivot quickly to capture opportunities from the users and business's changing needs.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal (ability to influence without hierarchy) and communication skills
• Academic background in quantitative field such as business, marketing, behavioral science, or applied math a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8956k-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.