SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This successful candidate for this position will have proven analytical skills. They will thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment and are able to multi-task on unrelated assignments without loss of quality. They know how to prioritize, accept responsibility, and are inspired to work to the best of their ability, They love to learn, are focused, diligent, can work alone or with a team, and are customer service oriented by nature.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:% OF TIME
• Perform accessibility analyses of web pages, desktop applications, mobile apps, and other platforms using accessibility testing tools and assistive technology products. Work to support accessibility understanding, and adoption of regulatory and industry standards, including CVAA, ADA, CCPA, and WCAG 2.1 AA.
• Support the governance program that aligns with the WarnerMedia, AT&T, and regulatory requirements. This includes working on the development and operation of an effective and efficient operating model, framework, and taxonomy.
• Support the development of new policies, standards, baselines, and procedural requirements, and reevaluation /normalization of existing policies and standards in alignment with AT&T, WarnerMedia, industry (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST CSF), and regulatory requirements (e.g., PCI, GDPR, and CCPA)
• Provide governance and accessibility guidance to developers and engineers during system development, implementation, and operations.
• Support the GRC workflow process from Governance to Risk Management to Compliance Readiness.
• Track progress with dashboards, maintain department SharePoint site, write requirements documents, use cases, and other types of reporting.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• Minimum 2+ years governance and risk or privacy legal experience
• Minimum 1+ years of experience analyzing policies and standards
• Minimum 2+ years of experience with accessibility and assistive technologies
• Minimum 1+ years of experience analyzing processes in an ITIL/ ITSM environment
• Minimum 1+ years of experience in Information Security
• Understanding of ISO, NIST, WCAG 2.1 AA or greater, and other industry standards in Information Security, Privacy, Accessibility, and IT Compliance
• Experience analyzing and building requirements, findings, reports, and dashboards.
• Experience with taxonomies and data analysis.
• Experience with website and mobile traffic and trends analysis,
• Experience with multiple platforms (Web, Mobile, OTT)
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/relevant experience.
• Technical Knowledge/Skills preferred in the following areas:
• Expertise in analyzing and evaluating control requirements in information technology, information security, accessibility and privacy domains
• Experience in analyzing, maintaining, and training on governance frameworks (policies, standards, best practices, etc.)
• Understanding of governance hierarchy
• Understanding of risk management and compliance
• Understanding of data relationships, metadata, and tagging.
• Understanding of user experience design and analysis
• Functional Knowledge / Skills in the following areas:
• Ability to analyze ARIA, HTML and CSS code
• NVDA, JAWS screen reader and mobile VoiceOver experience preferred
• Experience with ISO27001/2 and Information Security policies and standards
• Experience with O365, SharePoint, Term Stores, Lists, and Web Pages.
• Experience with common SDLC processes
• Experience with media, production, and post-production digital media systems and services is preferred
• Experience with online and mobile gaming systems is preferred
• General Knowledge / Skills required:
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with ability to articulate complex requirements concisely and accurately.
• Outstanding analysis skills.
• Must possess the ability to meet deadlines in an efficient manner
• Must be able to effectively manage a number of projects and priorities in parallel
• Must be able to work collaboratively with colleagues in other departments or other parts of the business to solve problems.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
• Ability to support others without judgment.
• Ability to quickly learn new skills and concepts.
At WBT we look for members who want to:
• Be Curious: Seek out opportunities to learn, and who aren't afraid to ask questions
• Own It: Be the driver and take accountability.
• Embrace Change: The technology landscape is ever changing – we're looking for people who are ready to change along with it.
• Engage and Influence: Share your passion for technology, and develop great relationships with colleagues and collaborators.
• Respect: Show empathy and respect to all, and operate with the best intentions.
• Live the #WBLife: At WBT we look for team members who want to ''Contribute to Our Community.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yxpv-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.