Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
WarnerMedia seeks a n unarmed Security Officer for the CNN Washington Bureau Security department.
• Performs security patrols
of a multi-story commercial office facility to ensure the safety of employees and the security of work spaces and critical infrastructure.
• Responds to emergency situations of various types including alarm activations, medical emergencies, evacuations, abusive or unruly persons, suspicious or threatening behavior, and other similar events.
• Manages unruly, abusive, or injurious individuals according to established policies and procedures and in accordance with local laws.
• Staffs security posts throughout the facility to screen visitors and guests and control access to employee work space.
• Escorts employees, staff, and visitors to parking facilities on foot or by driving a company vehicle as needed at varying times of day and in all weather conditions.
• Provides excellent customer service to employees, guests, and visitors while enforcing security policies and adhering to standard operating procedures and post orders.
• Uses computer applications and a variety of technology commonly found in commercial office environments, including desktop computers, telephones, printers, etc.
• Uses technology based physical security applications and equipment to monitor closed circuit television, facility access control, and a variety of alarms and systems that are vital to the business.
• Possess interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate with a variety of WarnerMedia employees, visitors, and supervisors under potentially stressful situations using verbal, written and electronic means of communication.
• Ability to respond to alarms, medical emergencies, and other similar incidents while following the standard
operating and emergency response procedures within an acceptable period of time.
• Possess analytical skills necessary to inspect WarnerMedia property, ensure security of all WarnerMedia employees and visitors and prepare non-complex incident reports.
• Physical ability to walk and stand for long periods of time , sometimes in extreme physical environments, restrain and lift disruptive individuals of varying sizes and weight, and ability to go up and down multiple flights of stairs , often while carrying emergency equipment.
• Ability to work any shift, including evenings and overnights, any day of the week, including weekends and holiday s without restrictions.
• Possess a high school diploma or s ome college preferred.
• Be at least 21 years of age, possess a valid driver's license, and have a responsible driving record.
• Two years military, law enforcement, or security experience preferred. Retired military and law enforcement welcome.
• Pass the pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
• Pass required certification training including without limitation, Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
• Obtain and maintain a District of Columbia Security Officer occupational license as a condition of employment.
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwvbvk-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.