WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
Warner Bros. Discovery seeks Security Officers for the Atlanta and Washington DC Security departments.
• Patrols and performs security inspection tours at our facilities or grounds according to established schedule(s).
• Responds to emergency situations of various types at all WBD locations to include activities such as crowd control, physical intervention, medical emergencies, and other similar events.
• Manages unruly, abusive, or injurious individuals according to established policies and procedures.
• Staffs security posts throughout the facility to screen visitors and guests and control access to employee work space.
• Escorts employees, staff, visitors, and tenants to parking facilities.
• In Atlanta – will man security checkpoints at CNN Center, TBS-Techwood, and other Atlanta property locations to screen and control access to employee work space.
• In Washington, DC – will perform security patrols of the CNN Washington Bureau (a multi-story commercial office facility) to ensure the safety of employees and the security of work spaces and critical infrastructure.
• Possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
• Be at least 21 years of age, possess a valid driver's license, and have a responsible driving record.
• Minimum two years military, law enforcement, or security experience preferred. Retired military and law enforcement welcome.
• Possess interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate with a variety of TBS employees, tenants, visitors, and supervisors under potentially stressful situations.
• Ability to respond to alarms, medical emergencies, and other similar incidents while following the standard protocol within an acceptable period of time.
• Possess analytical skills necessary to inspect WarnerMedia property, ensure security of all WarnerMedia employees, tenants, and visitors and prepare non-complex incident reports.
• Physical ability to walk and stand for long periods of time in extreme physical environments, restrain and lift disruptive individuals of varying sizes and weight, and ability to go up and down multiple flights of stairs.
• Ability to work any shift, including evenings and overnights, any day of the week, including weekends and holidays.
• Pass the pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
• Pass required certification training including without limitation, Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certification, ASP Baton, Use of Force and First Responder.
• In Atlanta – Apply and receive a Georgia Firearms license within the first two weeks of employment.
• Obtain weapon (reimbursable expense) within 90 days from the date of initial firearms training.
• Successfully certify at the gun range twice per year with score no less than 80%.
• In Washington, DC -
Obtain and maintain a District of Columbia Security Officer occupational license as a condition of employment
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons
This is not a posting for an open role but rather to proactively identify candidates for future openings. If you wish to join our talent network, please submit your resume to this posting. A recruiter will contact you to discuss your qualifications and interest in Warner Bros. Discovery.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r095k1-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.