WarnerMedia seeks a Project Manager II for the Sports Digital department.
The Project Manager is responsible for the development and ongoing enhancements of digital products for NCAA.com and March Madness Live. The technology stack includes Drupal as well as custom-built applications and publishing systems. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the interests of the brand team are met by managing all aspects of a project life cycle including project planning, development, change control, implementation, issue management, customer relationships and team leadership. This is accomplished through effective communication and facilitation skills, risk analysis, organization skills and attention to detail.
• Manage Schedules – Work with brand partners to construct project plans based on business needs and competing priorities. Analyze and communicate the impact of changes to it.
• Manage Scope –Perform analysis for changes and negotiate/recommend course of action or escalate as appropriate. Document what is in vs. out of scope.
• Manage Risks – Identify, communicate, and manage project risks and/or escalate to management. Anticipate problems before they occur. Work to reduce and eliminate bottlenecks in workflow processes.
• Manage Issues - Work with team members and management to resolve team issues, including escalation as appropriate.
• Track Status – Create and distribute status reports. Ensure that project team members communicate status and issues as appropriate through stand ups and other team meetings.
• Facilitate Meetings / Scrums - Use effective meeting management skills to initiate, develop agenda, conduct, and provide minutes so that all appropriate parties are kept up-to-date regarding project status and issues. Includes Kickoff, Status, Working Session and Retrospective type meetings.
• Get Things Done – Remove roadblocks for the team. Balance scope and schedule to meet high profile non-movable deadlines.
• Communicate - Maintain open, clear, and constant communication among internal team, customers, and management regarding project status.
• Manage customer expectations and communicate with other groups as needed to ensure successful implementation.
• Build Relationships – Make realistic commitments. Have honest conversations that build confidence and trust among all groups.
• Lead - Ensure project/team success by taking ownership of deliverables and assist/perform analysis, testing, support, training, or other tasks as necessary.
• Manage Financials - Ensure that team members are allocating time appropriately to project activities and recording accurately in approved time-tracking tool. Contribute to project financial reporting including budgetary, forecasting and variance analysis.
• Leverage Best Practices - Ensure core project management processes are being followed while also managing to project goals, resources, and budget.
• Strong knowledge of Agile development practices (especially Scrum) methodologies and tools
• 3+ years of project management experience
• 3+ years Scrum experience
• At least 1 year of experience in Digital Products working on consumer-facing web-based properties
• Technical background / knowledge in areas such as Content Management Systems, Drupal, Responsive Web Design, Cloud-based infrastructure desired
• Experience working with mobile app development teams is a plus
• Experience with issue and project tracking tools such as JIRA
• Advanced servant leadership, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with proactive customer service skills
• Solid project communication skills with ability to translate complex concepts between business customers and technical project team
• Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and mentor/direct others
• Must have strong teamwork skills
• Working functional knowledge of fundamental web technologies and how they interoperate
• Professional certification in project management (PMP or ACP)
• BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or experience equivalent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0nn4j-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.