The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the interests of the client are met by supporting all aspects of a software development project including project planning, development, change control, implementation, issue management, customer relationships, and team leadership. This is accomplished through effective communication and facilitation skills, risk analysis, organization skills and attention to detail. This is an opportunity to work in an environment that is as exciting and fast paced as the sports that it showcases.
This position will:
• Manage Schedules – Create the project plan. Analyze and communicate the impact of changes to it.
• Manage Scope – Document what is in vs. out of scope. Perform analysis for changes and negotiate/recommend course of action or escalate as appropriate.
• Manage Risks – Identify, communicate and manage project risks and/or escalate to management. Anticipate problems before they occur.
• Manage Issues - Work with team members and management to resolve team issues, including escalation as appropriate.
• Track Status – Create and distribute status reports. Ensure that project team members communicate status and issues as appropriate through stand ups and other team meetings.
• Facilitate Meetings / Scrums - Use effective meeting management skills to initiate, develop agenda, conduct, and provide minutes so that all appropriate parties are kept up-to-date regarding project status and issues. Includes Kickoff, Status, Working Session and Retrospective type meetings.
• Get Things Done – Remove roadblocks for the team. Balance scope and schedule to meet high profile non-movable deadlines.
• Communicate - Maintain open, clear and constant communication among internal team, customers, and management regarding project status.
• Build Relationships – Make realistic commitments. Have honest conversations that build confidence and trust among all groups.
• Lead - Ensure project/team success by taking ownership of deliverables and assist/perform analysis, testing, support, training, or other tasks as necessary.
• Manage Financials - Ensure that team members are allocating time appropriately to project activities and recording accurately in approved time-tracking tool. Contribute to project financial reporting including budgetary, forecasting and variance analysis.
• Leverage Best P- Ensure practices core project management processes are being followed while also managing to project goals, resources and budget.
• At least 5 years combined technical and functional business experience. Must have a proven track record of successfully implementing IT projects using a variety of project methodologies.
• At least 1 year of experience in Digital Products working on consumer facing web-based properties
• Experience with structured development methodology with preferred Agile/Scrum methodology
• Technical background / knowledge in areas such as Content Management Systems, Drupal, Responsive Web Design, Cloud-based infrastructure desired
• Professional certification in project management (PMP), business or IT (Scrum) desired
• BS in Computer Science, MIS, business or experience equivalent
• Advanced servant leadership, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with proactive customer service skills
• Solid project communication skills with ability to translate complex concepts between business customers and technical project team
• Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and mentor/direct others
• Must have strong teamwork skills
• Working functional knowledge of fundamental web technologies and how they interoperate
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d281o5-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.